How Do I Point Installer Away from One Drive

canadagoose

I noticed the Installer wants to install the Updater and Application data and config files to the One Drive Documents directory. How can I point to the "This PC" Documents folder. So, it seems I am forced to use the One Drive location for these files even though I have disabled One Drive.

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Tee AS Installer (like many other installers) simply want to write to the folder ...\users\YOU\documents. But whn using OneDrive it is somehow hardlinked to Onedirve (thanks to MS for doing this).

Maybe these 2 articles in this post will help you to sort it out:

Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried the second article and did my restore point etc. and the installer still insisted on putting the Updater and other navigation files like Navigrapg, Navdata into the One Drive directory. So, I did  a system restore and I am resigned to living with the complicated One drive system. I still do not know why the installer only recognizes the One Drive location. Like I said everything seems to be working OK as is, so I can’t complain.

Regards

39 minutes ago, canadagoose said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried the second article and did my restore point etc. and the installer still insisted on putting the Updater and other navigation files like Navigrapg, Navdata into the One Drive directory. So, I did  a system restore and I am resigned to living with the complicated One drive system. I still do not know why the installer only recognizes the One Drive location. Like I said everything seems to be working OK as is, so I can’t complain.

Regards

I don't believe it's the installer as I've seen a host of reports for a few other P3D aircraft.  Instead I believe it's Windows and the manner in which One Drive is registered (into the registry) which is what installers look to for paths.

I have One Drive disabled on my system.

Best wishes.

Archived