Landing lights delayed for 5-7 seconds

Hello,

I'm always wondering, why the landing lights illuminate the ground only with a long delay of 5-7s. Happens on all new Busses. Shortly before takeoff, I select the landing lights to ON, but they show up on the ground only after several seconds. All the other lights illuminate immediately.

I've seen lots of videos of Airbusses in real life and they always illuminate within one second after the pilots select them to ON after receiving take off clearance.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The landing lights of the Airbus A320FAM are normally retracted when not in use. If you switch them on from this retracted position it will take the 5-7 seconds to deploy as you noticed. 

Jus to add, related to the landing lights. The delay is normal, the same happens with the belly lights of the 737. But, the reflection of the landing lights on the engine won't show up unless you point your viewpoint where the landing lights are. So for example, I have a camera pointing the engine and front wing, when I select Landing lights on and selecting this view the reflection won't come up (after the delay discussed here of course) unless I move the camera towards the belly of the airplane. It does not happen with the Wing inspection lights for example. It's a sim limitation or bug? Can be solved?

Thanks

vor 21 Minuten, Frank Docter sagte:

The landing lights of the Airbus A320FAM are normally retracted when not in use. If you switch them on from this retracted position it will take the 5-7 seconds to deploy as you noticed. 

Thank you for the explanation, Frank! So another improvement in realism, that I felt as an issue. Shame on me. :D

Do real pilot "arm" the Landing lights with the "middle detent" of the landing lights switch (I think it is labeled with AUTO?). So the landing lights extend but the light itself remains off? That would clear my confusion, as I saw many videos where the pilots enter the runway, select the landing lights to ON and the lights come on immediately.

Archived