a 320 prof fuel planner Illegal landing Weight

Jov

I tried my first flight with the A320. When I tried to plan the fuel, with a full flight I get an illegal landing weight if I just use the slider for PAX to
come up with a cargo weight.

To make this legal, I need to load only 2.159 Kgs of cargo to get to a legal landing weight. That would equal less than 12 kgs of baggage per PAX.
And this is true for all distances I tried to input.

I think this is a strange result. In reality a full flight should give the airline enough weight to carry baggage for PAX.
Or am I wrong?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Cargo is not passenger baggage; also really 200nm to Altenate, really 20 min Taxi, really 20 min APU....?

Now you might understand, why the job of a dispatcher isnt that easy and they use very spezialised software to be able to do proper flighplanning to get a max of load and a min of fuel. ;)

Ok, so why does the fuel planner increase the cargo linear with the PAX?

Plus: the weight per PAX, here in this model, is calculated as 84 kgs in the equasion which is the value used by the airlines
to have an average of PAX body weight plus carry on baggage. (Similar btw to the value used for cable cars in the mountains
to allow for body mass plus ski equipment on average, they use 85 kgs).
So here is no allowance for checked baggage in the cargo hold.

So my hypothesis is, with all due respect: The "Cargo" constitutes passenger baggage.

But I am well aware of the difficult job of the dispatchers and the highly sophisticated programs they use. So I don't think

you need to be condescending here, look at the math in the model of the aerosoft fuel planner.

Also I would like to point out, this was never an issue in the previous version of the A320 from Aerosoft.

In the model here, an average PAX has a weigth of 84 kgs including carry on and checks 25 kgs of baggage on average, at least that's what the formula produces.

Given the weight of 84 kgs, an average PAX could only bring less the 12 kgs of checked baggage so the plane would come up with
a legal landing weight.

Or to put it differently, the plane upon landing could never have more than 3.792 kgs of fuel left in the tanks. Otherwise the model comes
up with an illegal landing weight. That is startling and I wonder if that can be correct. It would mean the margin for checked baggage is very
small and additional cargo, even some lightweight mail would be out of the question to have on board.

one thing I found out meanwhile: the max landing weight for the A320 according to specs published on the internet
is at least 64,5 t or even 66 t, whereas your fuelplanner sets it to only 63 t.

So here is a problem.

But obviously noone of the staff is reacting to this anymore (since it's been answered already by friendly Mopperle).

• Aerosoft

Cool down Jov, please.

On the internet you can find at least a dozen max landing weights that differ because the aircraft has changed over the years and different companies like to use different numbers. The ones we use are usable and we see no need to change them. We have actually discussed this in the beta Skype group with real Airbus pilots and they simply do not see the problem you are seeing. BTW, while some numbers changed the calculation in this version are the same as in the previous versions of the software.

Thank you for taking me seriously. I am not a real world pilot of course and always wondered about what real figures for
checked baggage were like.
I was just annoyed that I was told, cargo does not include checked baggage, while it does in the real world and
in your model, as one can see if one does the math. And I did not like the condescending attitude.

Thanks for the answer!

Archived