Difficulty with searching things on this forum

maxro

Dear Forum,

I've noticed I have difficulties with finding things on this forum using the search bar at the top right. Even tough I am certain that the file is somewhere, I just can't find it. I have to go the directories of this file. For example, a livery. 

Hi,

could you tell me an example of what you are looking for and how you search for it?

If I want to find for example an airberlin A320 I enter the search, type "A320 airberlin" and select the option to search in files. And I immediately get the results I'm looking for:

Please login to display this image.

If you are looking for files in particular (instead of posts) try to always select "files" in the search options instead of posts:

I hope this helps!

Hi, 

Thanks for the answer. For the example, I looked for egcc (Username) and his gsx.cfg files for the pro buses. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/4896-gsxcfg-for-aerosoft-a321-cfm-professional/ is the one I looked for. 

I simply type the searched term. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem here is, that the forum for performance reasons do not execute searchs for 3 character words.

Your search phrase will not be read as one 7 character long word, but the "." in between separates the two parts from each other, so it will be read as two 3 character long words. 

This behaviour unfortunately can't be changed. 

On top of what Tom said already, I think another problem here might be that the forum can presently not search for usernames very well. We'll investigate if there is something we can do about that as the three character limit unfortunately can not be changed in the software we use for our forums.

Thank you for your report!

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It seems the forum is too large (it really is pretty massive). I am cleaning it out this week and hope things will be better then. We do know it's not working as it should.

Ok, good to know that I'm not the only one who's having issues. 

• Aerosoft

I did a rebuild of the search index and it seems to be marginally better. But still it is weird that Google indexes out forum better then the forum software does.

If you need to search right now I suggest Google and search in this format: "Aerosoft forum A350" 

Archived