Windows update, Airbus deleted

Paul99

This is my Fourth attempt to install the A318-319. I download the most recent release from the Aerosoft site. I install the Airbus with no problems. I run P3Dv4.3, it starts up with no problems. I load the Airbus, it works perfectly with no apparent problems. I shut down P3D , I re-start the computer. I view the files and the airbus is still where it should be. I run P3D, I load the Airbus, everything works perfectly. THEN there is a Windows update. Immediately after the update ALL the Airbus files have disappeared and ONLY the Airbus files have disappeared. Obviously when I run P3D it works fine except there is NO Airbus there..........This has now happened to me 4 times......Help please....

• Deputy Sheriffs

So you mean all files under .../username/documents/Aerosoft are gone and also all aircraft files?

In which folder did you install the Airbus?

What Windows version are you running? I do not believe that a simple Windows Update deletes any files. More likely this could be an issue of the AV Software.

• Deputy Sheriffs

For me this sounds like a running wild anti virus software (e.g. Windows Defender) that was started automatically after the update. You might want to check the logs of the AV software you are using and also its quarantined files.

Thanks guys for all the input ! The problem may be that I am running the Windows Insider updates, which means that I am on windows version 18237 rs prerelease 180907-1621.

Otherwise I must check Windows defender, for my "normal" antivirus Malwarebytes I have made exclusions for all Airbus files and directories.

To add to my previous post:

I have verified that all Aerosoft and Airbus folders were, and still are, excluded in both Windows Defender and Malwarebytes antivirus programs. All quarantine files are empty, Logs do not show any Aerosoft activity. 

I do find it very strange that ONLY the Airbus files are deleted, it's as if the uninstall has been applied.

My Airbus installation folders are:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockeed Martin

C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-319 Professional

D:\Users\Pau\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater

D:\Users\Paul\Documents

• Deputy Sheriffs

Paul, when you install the Airbus, files are placed at 2 loctions:

Generic files also being used by other/future Aerosoft Airbus are always installed here:
...\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\General

Individual Aircraft files:

During Installation you are being asked where to install the Airbus. Looks as if you have choosen " C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-319 Professional ". As LM suggests you can create an individual folder outside P3D where you can install ALL addons supporting the new install methode LM introduced, like the Airbus.

On my PC I simply created a folder named ..\P3D Addon and when installing the Airbus I pointed the installer to this folder.

In your case I suggest to do the following:

- uninstall the Airbus (not just deleting!)

- reboot your PC

- create a separate folder outside P3D

- reinstall the Airbus pointing to this folder

Running Insider builds on your sim PC is just asking for trouble. Build updates do odd things, test releases do even odder things. I've had apps deleted by Windows 10 builds.

Did the Add/Remove (Apps in Windows 10 new UI) list the Aerosoft after the update anymore? Was it actually uninstalled or just the files removed?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thats exactly the reason, why I was running the Windows 10 Tech Prieview for months on a second machine before upgrading my productive environment with the RTM version

Thanks again for the input !  Windows has done it again, but thanks to Mopperle above, I examined things after the latest Windows update and saw that it had completely emptied the C:\Users\Paul\Documents\  folder. So, I am in process of doing what you suggested and I think this should resolve my problem. I think I shall also opt out of the Insider builds too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I also updated without trouble (after driver update). But I have seen reports on techsites about deleting files by the 1809 release version for some users. But that is nothing we could solve.

• Aerosoft

These issues are related to onedrive... if you do not use onedrive we STRONGLY advise you to disable it as it caused problems left and right. Microsoft should be ashamed about that.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/remove-onedrive-3664769/

Can even save you some frames as onedrive looks on the server ever so often to see if there are files there. I have seen this process temporary use up to 30% of one core. If that is the core the sim runs on....

Archived