TOD and NAV display issue.

Good Evening:

I was flying SEA-FAT yesterday and entered the ILS for RY29R into the FMS.  Originally the flight plan was CZQ, STORI, SANGO, back to STORI on the ILS.  I removed the first STORI so I should have flown CZQ, SANGO, STORI..., however the NAV display showed a discontinuity between CZQ and SANGO.  However no such discontinuity was in the FMS. 

Also, the TOD from FL370 was showing between SANGO and STORI.  I don't know how that's possible since on the ILS 29R, STORI is only 6.1 miles from the RY. 

I hope the picture shows what I'm trying to explain.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I experienced this issue again FALE-FAPE.  I was going to fly the ILS to RY 26 which included overflying the PEV VOR.   I deleted that fix in the FMS which it accepted.  However, the route on the ND again showed no white route connecting the fix before and after PEV and could not get the FMS to link those two fixes together.

As a test, I just left it.  After the airplane passed the fix before PEV, the airplane went crazy.  Started to turn in all sorts of directions and the altitude also went crazy.  I had to disconnect the autopilot, hand fly to the fix after PEV and and than re-arm the autopilot.

In other words, when I remove a fix, the FMS shows the route fine.  However the route on the ND and airplane do not know what to do.

Thanks.

Hi Hans:

No.  KO63G a waypoint before CZQ.  So from CZQ I should have gone to SANGO because I removed STORI.  I use Navigraph and keep my database up-to-date.  So for original post I was using whatever cycle was current then and for my post most recently would have been the current cycle.  Also, there is no SID.  STORI is a fix on the ILS. 

Thanks.

Hello:

Just reporting this issue again.  Here is a picture.  I removed a way point from the flight plan.  The FMS shows it will go direct from HOMIN to WEBBZ but when you look at the ND, the route line isn't connected.  Autopilot flies in circles after HOMIN.

Please login to display this image.

Hi Hans.  Sorry for the delayed response.  I think I found the issue; and as usual, it was user error.  I'll do a few more test flights but for now I think we can show this as resolved.  

Thanks for your time.  

Hi Hans:

Sorry but I haven't had a chance to do another flight recently.  What I was doing wrong (so it appears), I didn't change the FMS legs page between "Auto/Inhibit".  After I toggled between those two selections, I was able to get the route to link together on the ND and the airplane flew just fine.

I did notice however I might have issue with TOD still.  I follow-up with this too though.

Thanks.

Archived