LSZB V4 problem with switzerland proV4

fabarm

I am trying to fix an issue on Bern-Belp terrain, some strange boxes every where..!!! Any advise please?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, so there might be several resons:

1. Bern is officially not compatible with P3Dv4.3

2. Another addon replaced certain files. This can be Orbx or Switzerland Pro

Search your PC for other Bern scenery files which are outside the Bern installation folder; seach string should look like this: *LSZB*.bgl

In case there are any such files deactivate them by renaming to .off and see if it helps.

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Ok, so there might be several resons:

1. Bern is officially not compatible with P3Dv4.3

Is it not? At least on the Swiss homepage selling this product, it is listed as "compatible with Prepar3d v4.x", not a single word that it is not compatible with 4.3 :https://www.flylogicsoftware.com/pi/Bern-Belp-professional-V4.html BTW: I am running this product without any issue in this exact "non-compatible" Prepar3d v4.3...

It looks to me as if there is something wrong with some tree textures or with the power line masts. Maybe run FTX Central again? Do you have FTX Trees HD installed?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe the reason is that it is officially only compatible up to P3Dv4.2

I see the same as you, but I cant remember how it looked like in v4.2

Hmm, maybe those boxes come from Switzerland Pro and not from Belp? The last picture shows those boxes outside of the actual scenery, no? As far as I remember, the Bern-Belp scenery does not reach over the Aare...

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not think so. I tested it. Swiss pro only = no boxes. Swiss Pro + Bern = boxes; sent an email to mailsoft and now wait for a response.

I had it installed with 4.2 but can not remember whether the boxes were already there. So either it is an incompatibility with v.4.3 or between the combi Swiss Pro + Bern.

Ok, checked it again. My bad, I have exactly the same boxes appearing. But, flying around them and checking it, I am almost 100% sure that it is simply a corrupted tree texture. Let me see if I manage to find the bad one in my setup...

I went through all textures of LSZB scenery and I did not find any obviously wrong one. But I have realized that there are different textures for each season and as I am almost sure that I did not observe this issue before yesterday, it might be that only a specific season texture subset is corrupted. Will try different seasons the next time I fire up my sim. Still think that will be an easy fix if I know which texture is responsible for it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Good hint!

Fall season seems to be the problem, all other seasons are OK:

Ok, perfect, thanks to your screenshots I might be able to even pinpoint which tree is corrupted. Funny though that I did look specifically on the fall textures and I did not find something unusual. Even more bizarre: as far as I could see, all tree textures are stored within a single .dds file, so how the heck only a specific tree type can be corrupt? I dont know...

Well then, it seems that the problem is not easy to fix for me. I replaced both autumn textures with the summer ones but the issue persists. Means: those trees simply call the wrong texture in autumn. I do not know if this makes sense, but that's how it seems. Any idea how to fix this without needing the support of FlyLogic?

Archived