Weather - Sim freezes - Aircraft rolls around

copilot767

Now I have had some flights without any problems both with 319 and A321.

And not seen this- everything so smooth...

But this evening couple of times - I use Active sky - Maybe its in weather update or something…

But suddenly in FL 370 or at another flightlevel- Like my sim freezes for seconds a 2-3 times - and my plane rolls around like a jetfighter- I can with a lot of fight return it back again

to normal heading, pitch and height again- and smooth again...

Have someone seen this problem.....???

If close Active sky- No problem...so its something with that program.

Will also try Active Sky forum..

Chris from Denmak 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Airbus needs stable >= 18 FPS. If you get less FPS (because of too much scenery and/or weather load) things like the ones you describe can and most likely will happen.

Is this insane- If I Think this is the issue- also have a ticket at Hi-fi support- But write it here If others discover the same...

Had a lot of flights with Active Sky and the Airbus PRO without problems...

But one Day - when Active Sky weather Updated , my sim was freezing for seconds and my Airbus rolled around - and  sometimes Went back to normal- not every weather Update but some of the Updates..

What have changed from working and now these unstable flights .

GSX2 installed. But not sure. 

Have made 7 Full flights a 3 -4hours length... From EKBI with its own Sode Gates- but deleted the Gates and inserted 8 new GSX 2 sode gate.

Had 4 flights from EKBI with GSX 2 sode Gates- the freeze after about 10-20 min after airbone everytime at hole flight.

Then went back to EKBI own Sode Gates- and having a stable flight.

Flights TO EKBI from a non GSX 2 sode Gates also stable...

IF GSX Sode Gates are using simconnect- Can this be a problem and why so long time after departure and why a hole flight???

I Think it was because of GSX2 install...

and used a lot of GSX2 sode Gates...

Before GSX2 install.. Airbus was Smooth like a knife in warm butter with Active sky... and again smooth If not using these Gates...

And Yesterday FS Dream team sent an Update to market where they have resolved an issue with a lot of ressorce usage in flight- so Think it was the problem.

Archived