A320 for P3D V4.3 - sharing some thoughts

Goshob

Hi Guys,

Here below I would like to open a discussion containing some of my opinions and observations concerning the new AC. Prior to that I wish to say that I was flying A320 for the 32 bit version (FSX:SE) and may know some things. :) I tried the test flight described in Vol. 6 (as a good student) in order to avoid asking inappropriate questions, which were already covered in it. Unfortunately reached to nowhere and the program hanged, which will be explained later.

Hope this will continue for several posts, so please let the honored Moderators be so kind not to close it after the first answers.

I bought the plane on the second day after releasing and I have to clearly state that it looks fantastic!. Graphics is several stages higher than previous releases and even compared to the competitors. There are so many additional details added, which increase the feeling of being into an actual cockpit. Hope the performance of the plane was also modified and updated, which I will inspect and comment later.

In addition to all the above I would like to share some observations also:

- Step by Step guide is unfortunately much more to expect. No bad feelings to Emi at all, but the document looks like combination of the old one and new elements, which are not matching at many places. Simple copy-paste exercise. Sometimes the statements are unclear even to users who know the subject, most probably due to language brier, time constrains or whatsoever. It would be better if readdressed;

- I could not do zoom in or zoom out to any of the views either by using space+mouse wheel or any other buttons or combinations;

- There should be a better explanation what is the purpose of the 2 normal MCDUs and the additional one, which in some places is named MCDU 3;

- There are some new components added in the check lists, which is appreciated;

- There was no way how to get the wind data, following the procedure described in item 5.4.12. Tried both options for getting such from the SIM and from VATSIM with no results. There were only dashed lines in corresponding pages of the MCDU;

- I managed to hang up the program :) and it completely stopped without being able to change anything in it after making an involuntary mistake in the push back phase. What happened was that I mistakenly pressed the digit 2 when asked if push back was required. Ground staff confirmed that everything was ready and I could proceed with the engine start. Started engine 2 as per the procedure, the machine was stabilized, but there was no call from the co-pilot that the engine is stabilized. The sign Start Engine 2 stayed. However I started engine 1 and again there was no call that it is stabilized when it was ready. The sign for engine 2 was still staying on the upper line. I tried to correct my first mistake and request a push back from MCDU3, which surprisingly was accepted. There were several overlapping voice messages from the ground staff from the sort that everything was OK, to release the parking brake and proper start of both engines. Push back was completed and the program hanged. There was no possibility to continue either with the check lists or with any attempts to control the AC;

These are the observations for now. A long weekend is in front and I will continue exploring. In the meantime it would be highly appreciated sharing of any opinions for the above.

Thank you!

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you use 2 on the keyboard normally this disables the copilot. In such a case use the MCDU3 and enable the copilot again.

2 hours ago, Hanse said:

If you use 2 on the keyboard normally this disables the copilot. In such a case use the MCDU3 and enable the copilot again.

Hi Hanse,

Please note that I had used 2 as an answer of the question if I will continue with a push back (keyboard key 1) or without push back (keyboard key 2). The copilot was active. I checked it.

21 hours ago, Goshob said:

- There was no way how to get the wind data, following the procedure described in item 5.4.12. Tried both options for getting such from the SIM and from VATSIM with no results. There were only dashed lines in corresponding pages of the MCDU;

Some airports might not have METAR data available or the service might have been down for a while. Is it still happening, did you try with different airports?

I'm suggesting on top of my mind here, i didn't use the tutorial so i don't know which airport pairs were used.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 5 Stunden , Goshob sagte:

One more thing. Sorry.

The Configurator was modified. How the voice sets can be changed with the new one?

Until now there is only the voiceset available which comes with the Installation and this is the reason why also this option has been deleted from the configurator. 

Regards,

Rolf

Hi,

There are two other observations, which I would like to share and eventually get an advice:

1. I am unable to get a wind data at various airports, which makes me questioning this again. What should be the setting in MCDU3? VATSIM or SIM?

2. Using the keyboard combination Ctrl+. for parking break is changing the pitch trim also. Same is happening when I use the joystick assigned button for the break through FSUIPC5. Clicking on the lever using the mouse button does not affect the trim.

Please advice.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Minuten, Goshob sagte:

Hi,

There are two other observations, which I would like to share and eventually get an advice:

1. I am unable to get a wind data at various airports, which makes me questioning this again. What should be the setting in MCDU3? VATSIM or SIM?

2. Using the keyboard combination Ctrl+. for parking break is changing the pitch trim also. Same is happening when I use the joystick assigned button for the break through FSUIPC5. Clicking on the lever using the mouse button does not affect the trim.

Please advice.

Plesse do not post other issues within this topic, it is simply impossible to track them.

Use the serach function and/or open for each problem a separate topic.

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

Plesse do not post other issues within this topic, it is simply impossible to track them.

Sorry, but it seems that you are not accepting the second sentence in my first post where I had demonstrated an intention to discuss several subject under a same topic.

However, I will follow your request and open a different topic for item 2, but please try to advise for item 1, which was asked in my first post.

Thank you!

48 minutes ago, mopperle said:

regarding wind have a look here:

Thank you!

I read it, but unfortunately the usage of a folder, which does not exist in the original Aerosoft configuration (I mean PMDG stated in the topic) make the things even more complicated.

Please let someone answer me at least for what reason the weather source in MCDU3 menu was made and how it should be used. Suppose I do not have any weather engine installed and would like to use either VATSIM or SIM resources.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Goshob said:

Please let someone answer me at least for what reason the weather source in MCDU3 menu was made and how it should be used. Suppose I do not have any weather engine installed and would like to use either VATSIM or SIM resources.

Thank you!

I was referring to the menu page as per the attached screenshot:

Please login to display this image.

Archived