PBY Catalina 6A-Civil

danewatson

I recently purchased and installed this old historic aircraft for my P3D v4.3.

I have a couple questions.

1. I notice that this aircraft model does not maneuver very well when on water it is almost impossible to turn - is this normal?

2. I notice that in the avionics stack there are two radios that are there but do not function - the DME radio and the ADF radio (also there is no ADF gauge) - is this correct?

• Aerosoft

You will need to use differential thrust on water. these are large aircraft and they do not have water rudders.

If instruments do not work it could be that some default aircraft are not installed? In what sim are you seeing this?

On 9/12/2018 at 1:54 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

You will need to use differential thrust on water. these are large aircraft and they do not have water rudders.

If instruments do not work it could be that some default aircraft are not installed? In what sim are you seeing this?

Thank you Mathijs for your reply.

Yes I have been using differential thrust but it sure is a brute to turn.

Regarding the two radios that do not turn on and not seeing an ADF gauge. I am using P3D v4.3

7 hours ago, danewatson said:

Thank you Mathijs for your reply.

Yes I have been using differential thrust but it sure is a brute to turn.

Regarding the two radios that do not turn on and not seeing an ADF gauge. I am using P3D v4.3

Mathijs, my mistake regarding not seeing the ADF gauge - please ignore that comment as the ADF gauge is in fact in the panel for sure.

The only problem is that the ADF and the DME radios do not turn on.  I have seen some other posts regarding this issue so it seems it is sporadic as to which sim.

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Could be because you load the aircraft with electrical busses off.

Mathijs - I am not understanding when you say - "Could be because you load the aircraft with electrical busses off."

Unless there is another place for the electrical busses? Please let me know!

I load the aircraft, I follow the checklist - which includes turning on main battery go thru the start process - all engines start well, all lights are on, avionics switch is on, alternator switches are on - basically this aircraft is ready to taxi for takeoff - the steps are very straight forward.

See my links to three printscreens for verification.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/urmB6TQm6jteTzRU7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fTMwzzfjxGYd6UD9A

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GMBEJco1vkq8gwoX6

There are documented posts regarding this same problem that I have where you have been involved in replies - but I do not see answers.

PBY Catalina help?

Catalina missing cockpit stuff

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What is possible is that the simulator starts up with a flight that has the master battery off.

Easiest way to solve this is to add a key command to that:

Please login to display this image.

OK Mathijs - I did exactly as you said - but it did not make a difference, when the aircraft is loaded and I start up there is still no ADF or DME.

As I mentioned before there are two posts on your forum with this issue - were they ever resolved? And if so how?

If this cannot be fixed then I respectfully request either a refund or a credit on my account as this aircraft is not complete without ADF and DME functioning.

I really would like to have this aircraft in my fleet but not in this condition.

Regards,

Dane.

• Aerosoft

Well indeed. I thought these issues were solved but they are not in P3d V4.3. To be honest I have not looked at the models with the 'modern' panel in years, it really is an older product.  If you feel that these two gauges that are part of 3 of the 14 models make it unusable, we'll refund. Contact us on support@aerosoft.com and we'll handle it.

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well indeed. I thought these issues were solved but they are not in P3d V4.3. To be honest I have not looked at the models with the 'modern' panel in years, it really is an older product.  If you feel that these two gauges that are part of 3 of the 14 models make it unusable, we'll refund. Contact us on support@aerosoft.com and we'll handle it.

Well thanks again Mathijs,

I realize this is an old aircraft model by Aerosoft but I thought maybe a folder would be maintained with all issues/fixes for any model - but that's OK.

Even though this is an old model I still wanted it in my fleet as I love some of the old historic aircraft - but I had lost hope for a fix until last night when I got a PM from another Aerosoft Forum member (Jim) and he provided me with the solution.

So I unzipped his file followed his very simple instruction to change out one file only, then loaded the PBY 6A Civil all was great except for the DME. Then I also read that there is an Aerosoft  created typo in the DME gauge number in the 6A Civil Panel.cfg. So I corrected the typo and also created a text document for others with this problem and added the text document to the zip file from the Forum member Jim.

All works great.  - no need for a refund/credit.

This post can now be closed.

I am attaching a zip file to this post for you and others to use as needed.

Regards,

Dane

PBY Gauges Fix DME - ADF.zip

Archived