Please help with converting old repaints

Hi

I have several repaints that worked fine in P3DV3 (air NZ A320 repaints) downloaded from this site, However I cant follow the instructions in this forum to convert them to the new airbus for P3DV4.

Several of the files I am told to delete don't appear to exist eg

• Erase night version of tailfin texture (not needed anymore, sim itself lights the geometry now)
  • Erase old mainpanel day/night map and add the new one provided within this mail; Save as DXT3 format into the livery folder
  • Replace entries in texture.cfg with this:

and this does not make sence to me at all

• [fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC
    fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A31X

Also what is all this about?

• ATTENTION: There is now a special operational speeds sticker special for A318-A320 and one for the A321 (the A321 one must be activated before saving the file finally) I kept all other registrations i did for the product, so people can orient on this and even exchange some characters to come to a fast result; a complete alphanumerical alphabet is also provided with the PSD.

• Please note that this is NOT needed, it will just remove unneeded files.

Thanks in advance if you can help

PS

this would appear to be an excellent add on but if we have easy to follow instructions it would only be better.

Hi! For the A320 those lines of course do not make sense. Those were thought for the A318/A319.

Cookbook:

1. There are new fallback folders for textures which are used on all aircraft similarly. The links to that fallback folders are defined inside the texture.cfg

For the A320 it should contain:

[fltsim]
   fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC
   fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A320

For the A321 it should contain:

[fltsim]
   fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A321

2. The night texturemap for the vertical stabilizer has been removed, as the lighting now comes from the sim itself by dynamic realtime lights.

The mainpanel textures day/night have been removed and replaced by a new one which only carries are daylight version. Also here the sim

overtakes the night lighting dynamically. The mainpanel texture should be found in the repaint repository and is recognized carrying now "Prepar3DV4"

in its name. Inside you find prepared all needed symbols which you copy and past to your wished registration. Save the file as flipped DXT3 DDS.

3. Inside the aircraft.cfg you must change/adapt the name of model used. Those names have been changed, as we added a lot more models.

Old repaints model names you change after the pattern listed here.

OLD         => NEW

A320 CFM

empty     => CFM
   SHARKLET     => CFMSHRK

A320 IAE

empty    => EXTIAE
   SHARKLET    => EXTIAEShark

A321 CFM

empty    => EXTCFM
   SHARKLET    => EXTCFMShark

A321 IAE

empty    => EXTIAE

If further questions arise, simply ask.

I am ashamed to say that I read more closely and realised that if I ran the 32bit zip through the new A320.321 AXE then all is well.  If I want to bring in a real outsider of a livery, than I shall use the above instructions. But at the moment I am more than happy getting an older 32bit paint into the AS Pro.  I will help me in my Australian flights, and you have supplied ample for European flying.  I don't immediately see a SAS or Norwegian paint but I know some of these airlines only fly Boeing...like KLM....I will go check.

Macca

I becoming a little confused and perhaps you may be able to help.

I have a 32 bit zip for Tigerair Australia and I think you are saying that the new Livery Manager will convert the livery.for 64 bit.

I place the Texture Folder from the zip into the relative Folder in SimOjects for Aerosoft but the Livery Manager can't see it, to install.

I suspect that I am expecting too much of the new Livery Manager to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jock

No leave the zip on on the desktop,  open AXE.  You could navigate to the folder where you have put it, but that is hard work, although finding it in Downloads/Compressed should be straightforward.

(It is the AXE for the 320/321, look in your START menu for this..if you have the earlier 318/319 select the correct one)

Open AXE, select the right model (320CFM, 320IAE etc).  Sometimes you have to open the zip to find the correct engine and model version, but right-click and OPEN the file don't select extract all to unzip. It must remain zipped.

At the bottom of the page in AXE click on ADD Livery, browse to your zip file, highlight the zip, click open, AXE window then should have Install Livery at the bottom: click and it does the rest.....you can see the install sequence flashing before your eyes.

AXE will install the paint, you will see it listed in AXE under the appropriate model, and all being well you should find it in your Sim menu when you click Vehicle/Select......

Thanks for the instructions.

Worked but I have an issue.

I have started a new thread titled Livery Manager (A320/A321) Issue

I gather you didn't have any issues.

Cheers

Jock

On 9/11/2018 at 5:49 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Hi! For the A320 those lines of course do not make sense. Those were thought for the A318/A319.

Cookbook:

1. There are new fallback folders for textures which are used on all aircraft similarly. The links to that fallback folders are defined inside the texture.cfg

For the A320 it should contain:

[fltsim]
   fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A320

For the A321 it should contain:

[fltsim]
   fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A321

2. The night texturemap for the vertical stabilizer has been removed, as the lighting now comes from the sim itself by dynamic realtime lights.

The mainpanel textures day/night have been removed and replaced by a new one which only carries are daylight version. Also here the sim

overtakes the night lighting dynamically. The mainpanel texture should be found in the repaint repository and is recognized carrying now "Prepar3DV4"

in its name. Inside you find prepared all needed symbols which you copy and past to your wished registration. Save the file as flipped DXT3 DDS.

3. Inside the aircraft.cfg you must change/adapt the name of model used. Those names have been changed, as we added a lot more models.

Old repaints model names you change after the pattern listed here.

OLD         => NEW

A320 CFM

empty     => CFM
   SHARKLET     => CFMSHRK

A320 IAE

empty    => EXTIAE

A321 CFM

empty    => EXTCFM
   SHARKLET    => EXTCFMShark

A321 IAE

empty    => EXTIAE

If further questions arise, simply ask.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for this piece of guide. I was also wondering if maybe there's a way to add the satellite dish on the back on the aircraft on the old liveries, or would it be dependent on the maker of the livery? 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe we have to struggle with compressed zip files, Fallback something or whatever. WHY can't they just make an installer that works, when they CLEARLY stated before the busses were out, that all the old liveries would work without problems on the new Pro busses.

I must say I'm losing faith in Aerosoft, saying one thing and doing another. Just stick to what you promised, or just from the beginning  explain that the pro series needs new repaints, to work with the installer. I'm sure the community would soon come up with new repaints then.

It's the first time I have regretted buying an Aerosoft product, and will make me think twice again before buying anything from them again.

Archived