Plan export question

I have installed PFPX on a new laptop and I'm having problems exporting my plan. I have a NAS box mapped as Z with a folder to hold my plans. I need to do it this way as PFPX and P3D are on separate computers.

But when I point to the destination folder as my P3D folder the error message states it can't write to that folder. This worked fine on my old laptop. What am I doing wrong? No help in the manual sadly. Do I also need to change the Documents folder and if so, to what?

I've got around the problem by creating the required folders on my laptop and then using a batch file to copy the files to the required destinations. But I'm sure there's a better way. I just can't recall what it was.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I remember having simiular issue with other applications in the past. In most cases the reason was very simply: the machine where the app was running (in your case PFPX) for whatever reason did not see the shared drive on the network although it was setup to connect automatically. Only after connecting it via the Explorer manualy it worked.

Thanks Otto. There is a red X against the mapping on my Win 10 laptop and apps cannot gain access whilst it's in that state. But a single click of the drive does then show the contents. In this case I had already accessed it several times today.

The manual is otherwise excellent but doesn't cover this export in any detail at all.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you despite of the red X see the content on the network drive, can you move files manually? Also did you try to run PFPX as Administrator?

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

When you despite of the red X see the content on the network drive, can you move files manually? Also did you try to run PFPX as Administrator?

Yes and I can create new files too so permissions are okay. Mine is the only account set as Admin so that should be default shouldn't it? From what I can work out unless the folder structure is correct the files won't be exported. I've had to setup the required folders on my laptop to satisfy PFPX. I really don't see why it insists on that.

I've worked out how to export both my plan and the EFB plan to my Z drive. Pretty simple once you understand the path rules. The attached screenshot shows the details.

The key entry is the Document folder. Everything is stored under that. As I want to export to a NAS drive mapped as Z I need to create folders that will hold the relevant exported files. So my Document folder is Z:\Plans.

P3D requires a folder to hold the plans. Under Z:\Plans create Prepar3D v3 Files. That is where your P3D plan will go.

Back under Z:\Plans create a second folder and name it Aivlasoft. Within that create EFB then UserData and finally Routes. So the path to that folder will be Z:\Plans\Aivlasoft\EFB\UserData\Routes

That's it. Press Export and the two plans will be created in their respective folders. You can use batch files to copy or move them to their folders on the PCs where P3D / EFB is installed.

Hope that helps anyone wishing to use a NAS box to temporarily hold the plans when their FS PC is off and they run PFPX on a separate computer.

Please login to display this image.

Archived