Unable to get 'WINDS' in the FMS

CPBrown

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 38 Minuten, Goshob sagte:

It writes the weather data to C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 by default btw!?

You are wrong here. AS per default writes the weather data to:

C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\Weather\

But wind data is something different and they need to be written to specified folder P3D\PMDG\WX

Again, I also set a flight EDDB-LDSP and the Airbus reads the correct data. So I have currently no idea, what's wrong on your side.

Hi,

Let me say something for the subject again:

On 9/20/2018 at 2:54 PM, mopperle said:

You are wrong here. AS per default writes the weather data to:

C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\Weather\

I really made a mistake in stating the folder. The one above is the real one where AS writes weather data. At least I got to learn that weather is not same as wind and they should be written in different folders. Sorry, sounds too complicated for an engineer's brain...

2. Finally I managed to make the AC to read wind data. I really have no idea what it was all about, but everything works good after completely removal of P3D, wiping out all its created folders and installing it again. This is valid for all applications related to P3D of course.

Thank you for the support!

To all REX Skyforce-User:

please read this thread

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49593-missing-wx-file-generation/&tab=comments#comment-310245 

and please express your interest in implementing a wx-file-generation in Skyforce too.

Thank you.

Robby

Sorry for off-topic...

Archived