Installing v1.2 removes generic "Aerosoft updater" folder from start menu

After installing the A318/A319 package, I had a Start Menu folder for the Aerosoft updater. After uninstalling the older CRJ without updater, and then installing the new v1.2, I find the Aerosoft updater as a link "Run updater" in the CRJ's folder, and the Airbus-created folder is gone.

The updater will provide for both products, but now I have to look under the CRJ to run it.

• Developer

Yes, we are aware of this issue. However it seems to be related to Windows 10 itself. If you create one shortcut in the start menü folder tree, it works. If you create more, Windows doesn't show them all anymore. Microsoft has been made aware of the issue, but of course they didn't tell us if they found something at all or when it might be fixed.

For now, the only solution is to create your own shortcut (on desktop, taskbar or elsewhere). The path to the .exe file is <Documents>\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\ASUpdater.exe

Archived