Random crash due to MCDU?

scot619

So I just experienced a CTD while approaching LFPG, I was about 25 nm out and scrolling through the flight plan page on the MCDU and apparently I scrolled too much maybe? and poof crash

I never had this problem on the previous version of the airbus 1.1.0.0 and since Aerosoft implemented the whole continuous scrolling through the flight plan page in the new update (1.1.0.1) and I just updated it yesterday I assume its what caused my game to CTD.

I'm happy to help with any extra information just wanted to point this problem out so it could possibly get fixed on release of SP1 and the 320/321 

cheers:)

here's the windows event viewer log:

Spoiler

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: FMGS.dll, version: 2.64.0.44, time stamp: 0x5b7e6165
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000026bf2
Faulting process id: 0x3408
Faulting application start time: 0x01d442d81784fd43
Faulting application path: G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\-------\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.dll
Report Id: ab016a9d-f5a3-415b-8089-24a8f3832ab4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is this a repeatable event? 

I believe it is Mathijs, I believe actually that it was due to the STAR for the approach having a (Manual) part at the end requiring vectors to final on 09L at LFPG  (honestly can't remember the STAR name). I was skipping through the way-points on the SID and nothing happened it was all fine, also worth mentioning as the crash occurred i was going backwards through the flight plan (Pressing the up arrow on the MCDU).

I haven't tried to replicate it but I can try to tomorrow and let you know if it happens again, it was a short flight from Hamburg to Paris so I can easily redo it and try again.

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please keep us informed, CTD's are always our main source of concern.

It happened again during descent into LFPG i was about 10 nm from TOD decided to print out the Weather report from MCDU hit print I heard the printing sound play but no paper so I pressed print again that's when the sim froze and then a CTD. 

I assume something is wrong with the MCDU as I've been flying the airbus for the past 2-3 weeks on the old version with no CTD whatsoever. Actually come to think of it I haven't had any CTD since P3D V4 came out. 

I'm gonna revert back to 1.1.0.0 till the release of A320/21 hopefully any issues would be fixed by then.

how do I revert back to 1.1.0.0? just uninstall and reinstall the aircraft from the downloaded installer again right? 

Please let me know if you need additional information I'm happy to help:)

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But no recent update changed anything in the MCDU's.... It's not the first time we seen issues that might be caused by sound playing though. Did the Windows Error log show anything?

Unfortunately no, It just said P3D crashed and didn't tell me what caused it. Could it be the LFPG addon airport I have? But keep in mind that I've flown with in and out of this airport for countless times on the PMDG 777 with no crash at all.

Ill try the same flight on v1.1.0.0 and see what happens. if it crashes again could it be the scenery?

Happened to me also approaching LFSB while scrolling FMGS F-PLAN. P3D crashed without a report of the CTD.

In my case I always suspect of wxstationlist.bin and FSUIPC being involved. I don't know why but seems that this file gets corrupted so frequently. After deleting the file I tried the flight again and no problem, I'm not saying that your problem can be related, but it is worth a try.

BTW, the last version of FSUIPC 5.14 deletes the file at session end. I made a batch file for it many time ago , now FSUIPC does it for me.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

So after going back to 1.1.0.0 I flew the same flight and no problems whatsoever I even flew back to the departure airport in the same session, total sim time was about 3 hours. No crash whatsoever, i scrolled all through the F-Plan and made sure to abuse it as well as print out ATIS data and Fuel sheet.

Sim did not crash at all, so something is causing that update to crash my sim. Do I need to perhaps reinstall my AIRAC with every update maybe?

4 hours ago, Joan Alonso said:

Happened to me also approaching LFSB while scrolling FMGS F-PLAN. P3D crashed without a report of the CTD.

In my case I always suspect of wxstationlist.bin and FSUIPC being involved. I don't know why but seems that this file gets corrupted so frequently. After deleting the file I tried the flight again and no problem, I'm not saying that your problem can be related, but it is worth a try.

BTW, the last version of FSUIPC 5.14 deletes the file at session end. I made a batch file for it many time ago , now FSUIPC does it for me.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Hey Joan thanks for your comment!, However I already have FSUIPC 5.14 so if it auto deletes wxstationlist.bin then its not it right? or is there an option I'm supposed to tick to make sure it deletes it after every session?

9 hours ago, Joan Alonso said:

If you already have 5.14 it does it automatically, so that’s not the problem of your CTD.

Thanks for your help:)

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is RAAS installed or not?

It was yes but I never selected its profile from the RAAS menu.

So it yes it was installed but not active.

37 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Try to remove it, we have been able to ink that to some CTD's.

Its causing crashes in the new update?

Alright ill update and remove it 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Try to remove it, we have been able to ink that to some CTD's.

Hey Mathijs, I have RAAS Pro that you receive for free when you purchase the FS2CREW PMDG 777. The Pro version works for any aircraft do I need to uninstall that? 

Basically lose RAAS for my PMDG as well?

On 9/5/2018 at 2:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

As a test I would do so yes.

Tried everything still no luck. Now I have the problem on the a320/21 that just released every time I scroll through the F-Plan the game just CTD's with no error message whatsoever. Literally can't scroll at all through the F-Plan and I can't finish one flight. Its crashed on me twice in the past hour. 

I have no idea whats wrong.

Here's the event viewer crash log, its the same as before and points to the FMGS.dll

Spoiler

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: FMGS.dll, version: 2.64.0.47, time stamp: 0x5b957a84
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000027152
Faulting process id: 0x2868
Faulting application start time: 0x01d449e7246009d3
Faulting application path: G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\--------\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.dll
Report Id: 8ed41b1b-a376-4328-b9c8-cf0e5ee7e84d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

EDIT: could it be that loading the turnaround cockpit state could cause this crash? 

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nothing abnormal in these log files. 

Is there a way you can reliably recreate this CTD? One we might be able to see as well?

I can’t unfortunately as it happens either in air or on the ground and it always happens when Im doing something with the MCDU and get a FMGS.dll error. 

I could record a video and post it somewhere for you to review but its literally random as I said. 

• Aerosoft

Video would not help us much. 

I would first do a complete System File Check first and a disk check after that. Then start looking at .net and Direct X files.The issue has to be somewhere in the way the DLL is handled by the sim or the OS.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Video would not help us much. 

I would first do a complete System File Check first and a disk check after that. Then start looking at .net and Direct X files.The issue has to be somewhere in the way the DLL is handled by the sim or the OS.

I just installed a new windows like brand new not a month ago as I changed my desktop completely but ill try again. How come the a318/19 1.1.0.0 doesn’t crash my sim? 

I will try it none the less, Im desperate at this point. 

• Aerosoft

Well the two aircraft are not on exactly the same build now, tomorrow they will be updated to the same 1.2.0.2 version. So that might explain why one crashes and the other not.

Can you give me details on your hardware?

Archived