Airbus A318/9 no files

Aussieflyer38

Hi guys,

Got the  Airbus downloaded and installed in my P3D sim. Aircraft comes up when called with engines running - end of good news. I have no lights on any instruments and some things like the APU doesn't work, but thought this was because the engines were running, and lots of other small things. My main concern is I cannot find any files relating to the Airbus, nothing in my Downloads or anywhere else, so I couldn't go looking for any problems, when I purchased the FSX A318/9 I had the files in my download folder and also in an Aerosoft folder, not this time. Do I need to  uninstall and reinstall? And where is the manual, is this part of the missing files?  All help appreciated.

Regards,

Don 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Files are placed under 2 locations:

- ...user/documents/aerosoft.. here are generic files being placed

- Aircraft files itself: depends on the folder you have choosen while installing the aircraft. With P3Dv4 you can/should choose any folder outside the P3D folder.

Thanks for getting back to me, I have located what I need, manuals etc. Unfortunately part of my original problem still exists :  "Aircraft comes up when called with engines running - end of good news." I have no lights on any instruments nothing works, and I was originally told that when the engines are running, the controls i.e. rudder pedals and control column work, which they don't. I cant run the suggested tutorial as the MCDU's are not activated, so useless. Should I uninstall and reinstall the software.

Don

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, so I suggest to reinstall. Uninstall the aircraft, delete all remaining folders of the Airbus and make a fresh install. Also I recommend to create a folder outside P3D, e.g. "c:\Addons" and point the installer to this folder.

Also make sure that your documents folder is not below Microsofts OneDrive folder, this might also cause problems.

Right I gave it a try. My documents folder is under "this PC". I tried to create the "C:\ addons" folder without success, and anyway I wasn't too sure "where outside" P3D to put it even if I had succeeded. 

Sorry not really good when it comes to techy stuff. I don't have  "OneDrive" so that's not a problem. So thought I'd give it a shot anyway - uninstalled and reinstalled. Opened P3D and called up the A318/9 - same as before except this time I have parts of St Elmo's Fire across the screen that pinky lightning trace.  I'm lost.

I now have a message as follows:

"During  install an error occurred.  C:\users\Don\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\Configurator\Aerosoft A3XX.Configurator.exe"

The System cannot find the file specified

(02)

It suggested I abort the install which I did. Hope you can help me with what this means. Thanks

I don't run AV software except Windows Defender which I deactivated. I don't think I got that message the first time as I had to leave my computer during the install, but I would have thought that if it happened it would have stayed on screen until I returned and aborted the install.  I run everything in Administrator mode. 

Don

Well, sorry to disappoint you - and me, nothing has changed. I checked to ensure ALL files were deleted, even though the last install was aborted, I wanted to be sure. Any AV's were deactivated/not running, and reinstalled with Administrative rights. This time I didn't get any messages regarding install errors or anything else, it appeared to be a perfect install. I clicked on the A319 and it loaded the same as before "dead" no power so it's impossible to select anything. Think it's time to chuck it in the bin and move on. Since changing to PD3v4 I have purchased quite a few aircraft including Quality Wings Boeing 787 which is a great aircraft, and not had any problems with the installs, just the Aerosoft A318/319, so I can't help but think there's something a miss with the install software.   

• Aerosoft

Sorry but that seems impossible if we have a few tens of thousand of customers where it works and you where it does not work. It's almost 100% sure that your sim is simply not correct. That other aircraft work does not say a lot as the Airbus is almost certainly the only one that is specific for P3d V4.3 and compiled with the 4.3 compilers.

FWIW, my A318/319 installation in P3Dv4.3 starts up with the engines off and the instruments and lights on. It also starts out with a power cart connected, the cargo doors open on one side of the AC and the the passenger doors open on the other side. Is this the normal start up configuration..??

It's no big deal really, the engines are easy to start, and once running if you move the AC forward slowly the cart disappears and all the doors close up.

Archived