ASUpdater: Two Instances of A318-A319

In the ASUpdater I notice there are 2 instances of the Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional under Prepared 3Dv4.x.  It did allow me to update to version 1.1.0.1 for both instances. does anyone else notice this and Is it going to pose a problem for me?

Regards

Thanks, it looks like a duplicate of some kind. I notice with Windows 10 there is a docs folder under One Drive as well as a folder under "users\username\Documents\". It really confuses things for me. I really  liked Windows 7 with only one documents folder. Anyway, here is the screen shot of the products folder under One Drive:

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have no idea where the "CORSAIRONE" file comes from, but that has definitely no business there. Please remove it from that folder (while not having the updater running).

4 hours ago, canadagoose said:

Thanks, it looks like a duplicate of some kind. I notice with Windows 10 there is a docs folder under One Drive as well as a folder under "users\username\Documents\". 

Sorta off-topic, but OneDrive and your docs folder could be set up to sync.  Which would be less confusing.  Or stop using OneDrive.

I would have reservations about putting any sensitive information on the cloud (OneDrive) -- but millions of people do it these days.

15 hours ago, canadagoose said:

Thanks, it looks like a duplicate of some kind. I notice with Windows 10 there is a docs folder under One Drive as well as a folder under "users\username\Documents\". It really confuses things for me. I really  liked Windows 7 with only one documents folder. Anyway, here is the screen shot of the products folder under One Drive:

Please login to display this image.

So what OS are you running Windows 7 or 10 the Operrating systems have a huge difference on how they do things due to 10 been more modern and in doing things compared to the ageless windows 7.I suggest you stick with the win 10 if you don’t want any hiccups.

Cheers and blue skies up.

Zdenek.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:33 AM, mopperle said:

Indeed, get rid of OneDrive or at least let it not sync with your local documents folder.

Otto, thanks for chiming in. One Q?. tho. Do you mean DISABLE OneDrive, I can  do that. I know there is a way of removing OneDrive from Windows 10 as well, but if I do, are there any programs or processes that require those folders and or files to function? I thought the p3Dv4 installers make use the W10 OneDrive on installation.  I just don't want to get rid of OneDrive and find I have problems running P3Dv4. Maybe I am totally missing the point here. 

Regards,

Tom

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, P3D needs the standard documents folder. One Drive is not necessary at all.

Unfortunately some Windows installations have the documents folders only within the OneDrive folder. IMHO this happens when you login in to your Windows with a Microsoft account (live.com, Office 365 or whatever). There is no need to uninstall OneDrive, but make sure that only your normal documents folder is used.

Archived