Repaint helper textures not showing

After all these years I find this in the ReadMe! :lol: 

"Repaint Helper Function in AESHelp

When you start AESHelp (must be >=2.30) and the FS is not running, you see a small checkbox below the SUPPORT Button, called “Repaint Help Object in EDDN”

When you check this box, AESHelp will activate all Vehicles of AES along the Runway of EDDN. You don’t need to activate EDDN in AESHelp, just check the Box and exit AESHelp.

When you now start the FS, and you go to the Airport EDDN (Nürnberg), you will find all AES Vehicles placed along the runway. So you can slew around each vehicle you are repainting to check if the Texture fit to the object."

I have checked the box and yes the models are all lined up on the runway but without any textures.

Does anyone know what I am missing here please?

I had a thought. Is there a file I can open with ModelConverterX? This would be even better for paints.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have DX-10 Preview checked? If so, and you're not using "Steve's DX Fixer", clear the checkmark and look again, then please report back.

8 hours ago, Herman said:

Do you have DX-10 Preview checked? If so, and you're not using "Steve's DX Fixer", clear the checkmark and look again, then please report back.

Eh? Never heard of such things. I am using FS9.1 Win 7 64bit.

AES textures are fine at all my AES supported airports. It's just the repaint helper models.

• Developer

Please read once more the repaint kit docu:

Repaint Kit

As long as you don't have a repainted Texture with the XXXX nameing conventions in your AES Texture Folder, there will be no Texture available to show at the vehicles in EDDN

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Please read once more the repaint kit docu:

Repaint Kit

As long as you don't have a repainted Texture with the XXXX nameing conventions in your AES Texture Folder, there will be no Texture available to show at the vehicles in EDDN

Bingo! That did the trick. That will teach me to read manuals more carefully.

Thank you for your help.

Edit: What about using ModelConverterX? It is far easier and faster to check paints with that.

Regards

Ed

• Developer
11 hours ago, edetroit said:

Edit: What about using ModelConverterX? It is far easier and faster to check paints with that.

No, MCX is not able to read the Models.

Archived