Strange graphic issue during engine start

suniram

I am experiencing a strange graphic issue during engine start.  At the moment of ignition  a square of brighter scenery textures around the aircraft is appearing. After some seconds it disappears again.  This is only visbile from the cockpit view. I havent found so far any condition where it does not happen, that means I have tried many different airports, without or with Trueglass enabled etc...

I get that from the very first day of release and I experience that throughout different Nvidia graphic drivers. I am currently on the newest one.

Could it be related to RealLight?.... Any clue?

best regards

Please login to display this image.

and I just realized that while  the bright texture appears, those little things  on the windscreen  (window heating wire ?  etc..)  disappear....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Question about your P3D installation: did you make a fresh installation of P3Dv4.3 or did you upgrade it (client only)?

• Aerosoft

All issue having to do with transparencies can often be traced back to graphics drivers (or changes in config settings). I would look there.

As Otto said we have not had this reported before so we would be interested in any update!

Hi Mathijs , I already tried different graphic drivers with no success.  I also played around with different settings like Antialiasing, Transp Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filtering etc..... So far no success either.  Would be interesting to know how this window layers work and what exactly happens during egine start which could trigger this issue  in order to get an idea which settings could potentially affect this....

best regards

• Aerosoft

This is the weirdest issue I seen this week. There should be absolutely nothing happening during the engine start that affects this.

I'll ask the modeler if he has any issue but I am pretty sure he will be as stumped as I am about this.

Actually i think thats related to the initialization of the intern Prepar3D lighting system. Objects having transparencies are a bit different handeled like in reality. All objects a rendered in layers, farest first, nearest latest. If they got transparency information, lets say the object is 100%, the element look like a silhouette coutout of its background.

When there are several transparent elements, they need to know which is in background, which is in foreground. On the startup of the dynamic lights this is not clear yet to the system. So the "light cones" shortly overwrite all the windows transprency with their own in foreground, leading to a situation where the cones pure "runway silhouette"

overwrites the window, which makes us believe it disappears. I not get this on my system here. but maybe it lasts here only a single frame, and so i cannot recognize it. I will LM drop a note on this. Lets see what comes out.

But that situation returns to normal after a short period of time or?

Hi Stefan, thanks a lot for your explanation.  Yes, it only lasts maybe 2-3 seconds, then everything gets back to normal.  It is however happening with dynamic lightning enabled and also with dynamic lightning disabled...

best regards

and by the way congrats for this awesome modelling !!!

Hello @Mathijs Kok and @Stefan Hoffmann, I have this issue, too. I'm running a MSI Geforce GXT 1080ti with the latest driver (at least is was the newest about two weeks ago). I guess, there are other customers around having the same issue but didn't notice that. Always at engine start a bright square appears around the aircraft on the ground and dissappears after 2-4 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny..just realized that it seems to happen in my PMDG 744 too. However there its just a tiny square right behind the centerpost therfore I never noticed it. Also during engine start... Would really be intersting to drop LM a note on this...whats going on behind the scenes during engine start?...

best regards

• 1 month later...

Sorry to get back to that one here. But recently I also get that somtimes on nosewheel touchdown after landing now...didnt happen before, I dont know what could have changed....its extremly annoying.. I dont have dynamic lighting enabled during daylight.....

Did LM comment on that maybe ?

Archived