Hate to request but...

Hi:

I'm sorry to request but sometimes real life impedes upon sim life.  Would you guys please consider adding a Pause @ TOD and a speed hold.  Not a full blow auto-throttle system (which I know the CRJ doesn't have) but maybe a cheat just to hold speed while in cruise.  I know Wilco did it in their E-Jets and it was a life saver when I had to step away from the sim.

Thanks for your help!  The airplane is lots of fun.

Aaron

On 8/25/2018 at 7:40 AM, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi:

I'm sorry to request but sometimes real life impedes upon sim life.  Would you guys please consider adding a Pause @ TOD and a speed hold.  Not a full blow auto-throttle system (which I know the CRJ doesn't have) but maybe a cheat just to hold speed while in cruise.  I know Wilco did it in their E-Jets and it was a life saver when I had to step away from the sim.

Thanks for your help!  The airplane is lots of fun.

Aaron

i best advise to learn to fly the plane, you don't need a speed to hold either autothrottle to maintain speed. I just you need to keep more attention. Understand that this airplane is not designed to the pilot what internet or movies while in cruise. :P That's the challenge here.

I think he's talking about things like volunteer firefighting that suddenly come up. In such cases a pause function at the TOD is very helpful. It saved me a lot of flights on other airplanes back in the days. It doesn't always have something to do with learning the function of an airplane. ;)

On 8/28/2018 at 7:16 AM, Eduard Gasull said:

i best advise to learn to fly the plane, you don't need a speed to hold either autothrottle to maintain speed. I just you need to keep more attention. Understand that this airplane is not designed to the pilot what internet or movies while in cruise. :P That's the challenge here.

Eduard, therein lies my problem.  I can't always keep attention. 

Sometimes, mid-flight, my son needs attention, or the wife needs something, or the phone rings, etc., etc.  So the "speed hold cheat" would merely help keep the airplane from over speeding or stalling and the flight progressing until I can return back to the roll of pilot.  Same with Pause @ TOD.  

11 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Eduard, therein lies my problem.  I can't always keep attention. 

Sometimes, mid-flight, my son needs attention, or the wife needs something, or the phone rings, etc., etc.  So the "speed hold cheat" would merely help keep the airplane from over speeding or stalling and the flight progressing until I can return back to the roll of pilot.  Same with Pause @ TOD.  

Unless I'm missing something here, you do realise that pressing "P" will pause the sim :lol:

On 8/30/2018 at 3:51 AM, nealmac said:

Unless I'm missing something here, you do realise that pressing "P" will pause the sim :lol:

Pause at TOD allows simmers to walk away from the PC and return at a later time. This is useful for me, especially I only get 30 minutes in the morning and "maybe" an hour at night, to enjoy this hobby. Having this option allows me to come back to the sim, and start the decent without the aircraft running out of fuel or doing circles above the arrival airport. 

Well, just in case.  I found this in the Wilco manual:

"Does the Legacy have Autothrottle?
A – No. But Feelthere put a “cheat” on this plane. When you reach
cruise level, and your desired speed, press Shift + R. You will see a “AT”
green in your PFD, above your HSI, this should control your selected speed."

Archived