IVAO and Aerosoft

Milonas

Dear members of the management,

I have a question regarding IVAO and Aerosoft.

Every year, IVAO holds an event called "Crowded Skys" where Aerosoft is the main sponsor and a significant amount is donated to IVAO.
On average, there are 3000 pilots longer than 2 hours in the air ... (if we can believe IVAO).
I think that Aerosoft donates € 1 per pilot to IVAO so you can count on it ....
I have been a member of IVAO for many years and have visited many Flight Simulator weekends in the Netherlands, even in the old AvioDrome at Schiphol and the AvioDrome in Lelystad.

What concerns me now is the fact that there is little or no development at IVAO.
They have been promising for years that new software will come with a nice demonstration at Flightsim events .... etc.
The 64bits Flightsims are already almost standard .... with the MTLs far behind.

How do you face this?
Can you perhaps put some pressure on IVAO?

I look forward to receiving your response

Sincerely,

Hans

With most any organization you have the 80/20 rule... 20% of the people perform 80% of the work.  With a purely voluntary organization with IVAO it's more like 5% of the people doing 95% of the work, and pressuring a group like that wouldn't achieve anything positive.  The best think to do is reach out to IVAO and offer to help!

FUN FACT:

Aerosoft contributes to a great many flight sim events/organizations.  In fact I feel confident in saying that no business in the flight sim world does more to support our community than Aerosoft.

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I don't think we should pressure any voluntary organisation. 

I agree. You could encourage them, but there's a strong difference between encouragement and pressure. By bringing it positively you may achieve more.

Exercising pressure may not be the right word but you can expect something from a non-profit organization as a donor ..... And since Aerosoft is a big donor they can expect some progress ...
And especially if you incorporate options in your devices where IVAO plays a role.
Think of the weather options in the FMC, etc.
A non-profit organization also has a future perspective or roadmap .....

What can we expect from IVAO within the next 2 or 5 years?

Who knows, can say it now .... :rolleyes:

This post was only a trigger to loosen something in the Flightsimulator Community .....:cool3_s:

Sincerely,

Hans

Archived