Question for Hans

Thanks for the updates.

Is there anything that I can do to avoid the flood light from disappearing and reappearing on the latest version in p3d v4.3?

I use ezdok and depending on the view from the vc I lose the flood light if I pan up. When I pan down, they come back.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Developer

I haven't heard about dis-/re-appeaing flood lights yet. I'm not using any camera add-ons though. Can you try this again with EzDok disabled and let me know if that changes anything?

Tested without ezdok and I still lose the flood light if I pan. They go on and off depending on where I pan in VC. I tried different AA settings and still occurred.

Could this be related to the too many lights bug in DL?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 4:08 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

I haven't heard about dis-/re-appeaing flood lights yet. I'm not using any camera add-ons though. Can you try this again with EzDok disabled and let me know if that changes anything?

Update, the issue is still there. I thought that a driver update fixed the issue.

Is there anything I can do to make sure that the flood lights stay on when panning?

Just did a reinstall and the flood lights, floor lights, and dome lights turn on and off while panning. I'm shocked that users are not having this problem. Is been going on for a while. I did find another thread on this issue, but it looks like it has been completely ignored.

You have a very nice rendition of the CRJ now, so I ain't complaining, just hoping for a fix.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:08 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

i have ezca 2 but theres no problem with the lights for me.

This obviously not a problem with the AS CRJ. Lowering the AI to 10% did the trick on my system. That's ok with me because it results in even better fps.

The reason why I thought I fixed it with a different driver was because ehen I had a gtx 970, I had to lower the AI to 10% get better fps. When I upgraded to the 1070 I was trying different planes and raised the AI to 30% just to test the new card.

I kept the same settings when I started flying the CRJ again and that's when I noticed the flashing flood lights when panning. I completely forgot about the too many lights bug in P3d v4. A little research reminded me of the issue.

You can close this thread.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

What was your initial AI setting?

30 airline. 5 GA. Very low for most users.

Anything above 10 the lights went on and off while paining in the vc.

It was evident a few minutes after loading a sunset flight.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:30 PM, DJJose said:

30 airline. 5 GA. Very low for most users.

Anything above 10 the lights went on and off while paining in the vc.

It was evident a few minutes after loading a sunset flight.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I'm curious as to what vid card do you have, cpu, and system memory?

16 hours ago, Mace_RB said:

Thanks for pointing this out.

I'm curious as to what vid card do you have, cpu, and system memory?

i7 2600K @ 4.6, 16gig of Corsair platinum 2133 memory, GTX 1070, SSD, Win 7 64.

Archived