P3Dv4 system upgrade i8400

Hello everyone,

I have the opportunity to buy a fairly priced system with the following specs:

Sharkoon VG4-W Blue casing
ASUS PRIME H370-A
Intel Core i5 8400 Coffee Lake (6x      2800MHz - Turbo 4000MHz) Hexa Core
8GB DDR4 2400MHz
NVIDIA GTX 1060 (INNO3D GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Compact)
1000GB (1TB) Hard Disk Drive (7200RPM)
DVD-RW Dual Layer Brander
Windows 10

You guys think I can run P3Dv4 with addons like ORBX Global, LCEurope, PMDG aircraft the Aerosoft Professional Airport series with nice frames?

Looking forward to your comments!

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

It all depends of your settings of course but I doubt that your graphic card with only 3 GB and the HDD will bring you nice frames with your mentioned products. I would prefer a much better graphic card and also an SSD if you would like to get acceptable frames. I use a NVIDIA GTX 1080ti with 11GB and two SSD for the operating system and P3Dv4 but I am far away from having good frames in all conditions like bad weather etc.

Regards,

Daniel

I wouldn't do it if I were you. I admit that it comes with a rather descent CPU, but the rest of the system sucks. 8 GB RAM is barely enough for P3D v4, let alone some heavy add-ons. 1 TB HDD buys you a lot of storage, but not a lot of speed. For P3D you really need an SSD.

I'm curious to know what you call "fairly priced", just to see if it's worth the money they're asking for it. Maybe you can get something better for the same amount of money elsewhere.

Archived