High climb rate after take off

Meyerflyer

Hello,

so far I made three flights with the A319, but it seems the climb rate is way too high. For example I took off in EDDF with 120 passengers, 5t fuel and 1.8t of cargo, so the take off weight was about 55t. After take off with FLEX 78 (quite low thrust setting), the bus begins to climb at up to 5800ft/min and the pitch attitude seems to be much higher than usual. The old A319 did not have this behaviour with the same settings.

Is this an issue or anything I can set up different to prevent this (for me unrealistic) performance?

Regards, Julian

Edit: There are other reports of the same behaviour. I made like at least 1000 flights with the Airbus extended and the climb performance of the Professional A319 seems to be way higher than in the old one. The old one felt more realistic in terms of performance. I know, the performance will be higher the lighter the bus is, but it climbs so much faster than the old A319. Interestingly, the take off run looks perfect. The take off distance needed is realtistic and the acceleration seems appropriate to me. And I know that, because I'm often at EDDF for spotting and know at which point the A319's lift off on runway 18 in EDDF.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/137263-high-climb-rate-below-10000ft-and-flex-temp/

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/137604-climb-performanceengine-types/

With the said 55t take off weight, I reached FL170 within 4mins. For me, that seems to be way too fast.

Yes. Specially the CFM climbs like a fighter jet. As you said on take off it feels ok, but as soon as thr reduct. kicks in the bus needs little time to reach any target speed, wich leads to a meteoric climb.

You got 55t, but it also climbs at 5000+ with 66t.

Archived