Unable to install a livery - airbus professional

Kihew

Hello everyone,

I'm having issues with installing TAP liveries into the A319 CFM airbus professional. The liveries are the ones on the Aerosoft forum, for a previous airbus version.

I downloaded some of the TAP liveries, like "Airbus A319 TAP Portugal CS-TTA.zip" and using the livery manager I installed this livery. 

Issue #1: after installation the new livery doesn't show on the manager's livery list. Opening the aircraft.cfg file, the new livery hasn't been added. I don't see a new texture added to the 319 aicraft folder, next to the default ones. When I try to reinstall the same livery the manager says that that aircraft is already installed. But I am unable to uninstall it because I don't see it on the list. What file should I edit to manually remove these liveries?

Issue #2: 

Before I tried the manager I had tried manually and the TAP aircraft showed up on the P3D aircraft list but it couldn't preview the aircraft in the ac selection menu  and when I tried to load it, the aircraft wouldn't show (invisible). But I thought the previous liveries were compatible?

And perhaps the two issues are related.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

As an update I was able to install another TAP livery, so the problem must be with that series of liveries (that include the whole A319 TAP fleet)

The livery showed up on the manager but the aircraft is invisible in P3D. 

Rui - that sounds to me like the model isn't set correctly. It's an old repaint, so the chances are that the [FLTSIM.X] info is out of date. More than likely the "model=" will be blank. I think it's a CFM variant, so try DAIBA (or SHARKLET).

Here's a pic of mine (installed manually):

Please login to display this image.

For older liveries, there are a few steps you'll need to do:

1) Modify the aircraft.cfg entry. Here's my modified version:

[FLTSIM.XX]
title                            = Airbus A319CFM TAP Portugal CS-TTA
sim                              = A319
model                            = DAIBA
panel                            =
sound                            =
texture                          = TAPPortugal_CSTTA
kb_checklists                    = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference                     = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id                           = CS-TTA
atc_airline                      = Air Portugal
atc_flight_number                = 1000
ui_manufacturer                  = Airbus
ui_type                          = A319-111 CFM
ui_variation                     = TAP Portugal
ui_typerole                      = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                     = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types                = GATE, RAMP
atc_parking_codes                = TAP
description                      = "Airbus A318/A319 - A319 CFM / A319-111 TAP Portugal CS-TTA."

2) From the Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC folder, copy:
AIRBUSX_VC_PREPARV4_MAINPANEL_C.dds
AIRBUSX_VC_PREPARV4_MAINPANEL_L.dds

... and paste them into the TAPPortugal_CSTTA folder. You can delete the old V2 one.

3) Edit the texture.cfg (in the TAPPortugal_CSTTA folder) to read:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC
fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A31X

That's it! BTW - that's roughly the procedure you'll need to do for many of the "older" liveries.

Adam.

UPDATE: Do a search - I think Mathijs has posted somewhere in these forums (!) what the models should default to when they're blank.

Done, was able to install the TAP livery for the previous Airbus version following your instructions. There was no issue with the aircraft.cfg, the old files just needed that tweaking Adamski listed above to be able to work with the new professional version of the airbus. Thank you again! : )

Rui

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived