Not following ascent/descent path

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. Right now I am trying san-phx again with my control sliders set exactly as the documentation says. (all sliders to the right, no null). Mine were more in the middle for ailerons and elevator and had some null. 

Guys,

When reporting problems, there is information we need that you may not think of when making your reports.  Having this information allows us to make progress is confirming and isolating issues.

Please see the post below for the information that helps us the most.

Many thanks for your efforts!

My SAN-PHX 2nd attempt was no better. On the HYDRR arrival from  HOGGZ you have JUDTH 280kts/+FL250, RKDAM -FL220 then HYDRR 265/FL190-150. Since RKDAM does not have a speed constraint, the FMGC did not stay at 280KTS after JUDTH and decel 

before HYDRR but ECON speed went to 210KTS.  I manually typed in 265 at RKDAM and the airplane accelerated to 265. But it did not cross HYDRR as loaded in the box. It seems to lose speed management between way points with speed contraints. CFM 319.

Please login to display this image.

Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0 - (Version Data: 10.0.61259.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable - (Version Data: 8.0.56336.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 - (Version Data: 10.0.30319.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 - (Version Data: 10.0.30319.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.40660 - (Version Data: 12.0.40660.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.40660 - (Version Data: 12.0.40660.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 Additional Runtime - 14.0.24215 - (Version Data: 14.0.24215.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.24215 - (Version Data: 14.0.24215.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64 Additional Runtime - 14.11.25325 - (Version Data: 14.11.25325.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64 Minimum Runtime - 14.11.25325 - (Version Data: 14.11.25325.0)
Prepar3D v4 Content - (Version Data: 4.2.21.0)
Prepar3D v4 Professional Client - (Version Data: 4.3.29.0)
Prepar3D v4 Scenery - (Version Data: 4.2.21.0)
Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.0.28.21686 - (Version Data: 4.0.28.0)

Hi all,
Just finished the test flight according "the book". Some remarks about the step by step guide.
1. You must fly with clear sky etc. What is the reason to put in wind information. I enterd on all page 0-0-0 (item12-page 40)
2. Engine out ACC. Ground level +1500 is not 3407 ft but 1864 ft. It is correct in the Perf. Page
3. Pushback information about GSX is not correct. It must be Nr2 - Nose left/Tail right
4 Item 154. About two clicks is oke but only if you set the throttle levers in the ToGa position. Normale you set the throttles in the Flex position. This 1 click back
I filled in all the further figures as mentionedby  the book. Weight-Fuel-Route-Altitude etc.
So engines are running ready for taxi to runway 18. Advanced the throttle to the Flex position and rotate at Vr. Climbing to the 4000 ft altitude. To 1000 ft with hand flying and after that with the AP in control.
In no time you are at the selected altitude. After stabilizing i set the Altitude to Fl 340 and PUSH to ALT knob. The initial part of the climb is between 5000 and 6000 ft ROC.
After some time the aircraft is searching a balance between speed and Vert. Speed and want to keep the speed within the Speed Brackect [] and the Altitude Prediction dot in the centre.
Before the TOD i set the Altitude to 2500 ft. If i got the message "Deceleration" i PUSH the ALt selector and inmidiate i've got a strong pitch down signal (about 10 deg nose down)
After some minutes you see also a balancing "act" between speed and altitude and a few minutes later everything is oke. All further ALT and Speed constraints are within limits and it is ending

in a succesfull auto land.

Question from the pax to the cabincrew: Is the Pilot an ex- fighter pilot or an retired F1 driver? All changes in Pitch and Roll are very firm

Software info:

Latest Prepar3dV4. Client-Content-Scenery 4.3.29.25520.

Aerosoft 318-319 Versie 1.1.0.1 (without the extrafile update)

Active Sky V4 (not used) and no add scenery for this route

Hardware: Dell Alienware Aurora6 Intel Core i7=7700K. Ram 32. Video Nvidia Titan X (Pascal)

Brunner Yoke and Rudder. PFC Throttle set

Regards

Jo va Bra

6 minutes ago, leftseat said:

Just tried LAS-LAX. It completely ignored the constraint at ROPPR 4800-7000. BOACH8 departure.

Thanks for trying that; Good to hear someone else having issues with SID constraints

39 minutes ago, Jovabra said:

Pushback information about GSX is not correct. It must be Nr2 - Nose left/Tail right

This is controlled by the scenery's AFCAD (even default scenery).

40 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I don't understand. I have only the latest default scenery from Prepar3Dv4
If you look at page 47 and observe Gate 47 and follow the red line to Runway 18 so what do you think about is the best position. Nose left or Nose right?

4 hours ago, Jovabra said:

I don't understand. I have only the latest default scenery from Prepar3Dv4
If you look at page 47 and observe Gate 47 and follow the red line to Runway 18 so what do you think about is the best position. Nose left or Nose right?

So here's how that works.  Default airports for P3D are actually the same ones that existed in FSX, and the ones in FSX date back to roughly 2004 or even earlier.  The only way to update them is to download and add an updated AFCAD from flightsim.com or avsim, find a freeware airport (like SunSkyJet KPHL), or of course purchase a payware airport.

GSX can only follow the lines built into the AFCAD.  How GSX pushes an aircraft has nothing to do whatsoever to do with the aircraft model.

Best wishes.

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

So here's how that works.  Default airports for P3D are actually the same ones that existed in FSX, and the ones in FSX date back to roughly 2004 or even earlier.  The only way to update them is to download and add an updated AFCAD from flightsim.com or avsim, find a freeware airport (like SunSkyJet KPHL), or of course purchase a payware airport.

GSX can only follow the lines built into the AFCAD.  How GSX pushes an aircraft has nothing to do whatsoever to do with the aircraft model.

Best wishes.

The discussion about default scenery/Afcad etc. files is an item for the Step by Step guide.

So any comment about my flight observation would be appreciated. So whe can keep the discussion in this topic.
Regards
Jo va Bra

20 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Correct explanation, GSX only follows the line defined in the AFCAD to one of the first two points defined from the beginning of the PUSBACK points to the left or right of the starting line of TAXI, and at that point is where the plane orients the head left and right , if those points are not correct in the manual GSX gives you an explanation of how to define and assign the correct point, which used for all types of aircraft that come out of that door of that airport and perform the PUSBACK requested.

To find the correct data to define the point or points, there is an excellent application that reads the AFCAD (airport dessign Editor or better said ADE currently v175) of the airport that selects, either by default or the file AFCAD defined (always a BGL file) by the developer of the scenario you installed.

Can I say on most fligjts I do I have to help the aircraft stay on decent oath by using the spoilers reguardless of head or tail wind and even if i start the descent early I always am required to help the aircraft create drag. In the olderversion of the bus was not an issue. Possibly this aircraft is calculating TD too late and therefore cant keep its speed down. Feel free to check my youtube out as i stream most things. Matt Glover is the channel.

The descent performance is not accurate. In open descent the v/s should be typically -2500....the chart attached is airbus data for an A319. The AS bus is not even close. 

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, matty260191 said:

Can I say on most fligjts I do I have to help the aircraft stay on decent oath by using the spoilers reguardless of head or tail wind and even if i start the descent early I always am required to help the aircraft create drag. In the olderversion of the bus was not an issue. Possibly this aircraft is calculating TD too late and therefore cant keep its speed down. Feel free to check my youtube out as i stream most things. Matt Glover is the channel.

The patch I distributed on this treath does move it backwards.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The patch I distributed on this treath does move it backwards.

This is a problem with older busses too (only my opinion ). I never use it, because it's too close to airport or standard approach course (all STAR's) to make an "normal" descent with charts, or ATC (in vatsim or ivao). Simply, aircraft is too high to reduce speed or altitude before approach to runway, it simply overshooting the runway even if i use speedbrakes too. Now it is removed backwards, but i never used management mode, because it is not working properly (also my opinion). I now try to solve pitch issue after takeoff. I have an friend in Finnair, who flying A319-A321 in real life. I asked sometimes (many years ago latest)  procedures from him, and he advice me with Airbus operating. I did several questions to him, and i get also several answers for him. It gets sometimes to trying all of it, and I have an life and family too (51 year's old). I tell him too I try first after takeoff issue, and asking later normal (and abnormal) descent procedures too. 

I can use those advice to solve problems only me (not Aerosoft), I also don't have a permit to use his/her name for here. I still can translate (some) advice to here if needed? I am Finnish, so I don't speech english languance and i use wordbook often, when write here. 

There is a video in A320 with TOGA and almost empty plane. If you comparing this to FLX -powers and full plane, you can split the vertical speed (even more) to realize what is a difference in real life climb rates to your plane. Okay it's an A320, but there is still no much difference with A319. Your plane climbing about 5000-6000 after takeoff with heavy load before reaching alt 4000ft. I think I can handle Airbus within it's normal procedure actions after takeoff, I have a good teacher in real life :d

The performance is very depending about weight and used plane (A319-A321) The A321 is an very lazy to climb, in higher levels it's climbing 500ft or less / min, but there is no celebration lower levels too 1000 / 15000ft is max.

Cursive text is my translation from my friend text to me (I really do what I can, in translate)

The video PFD -only for takeoff. (don't know where this come) but my friend send to me, to watch... CLB & NAV is blue...

Regards: Mika.

• Aerosoft

You don't happen to know the cost index? That affects these things (not too much btw).

There will be a new build with rather big changes in how flight paths are followed next week. Its now in test (we did find two people who had issues that were reliably repeatable)

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You don't happen to know the cost index? That affects these things (not too much btw).

There will be a new build with rather big changes in how flight paths are followed next week. Its now in test (we did find two people who had issues that were reliably repeatable)

Okay and thanks. I used CI40 for takeoffs (remebering that value for previous questions with true pilot) Also Finnair uses 1000ft + airport alt for THR&REDUCTION altitude. CI is always changes into flight, is there hurry or not...  

Archived