Throttle issue I have on approach

GaryMcCl

Hi. First off, I just want to say I love your aircraft, and I'm doing what I can to get well into it.

I have noticed, however, that there are times that the throttle control sometimes give me AUTO FLT A/THR LIMITED

I was under the impression that the throttle control on a A320-series aircraft wouldn't normally be touched between just after the takeoff, and when I'm told 'RETARD' - in which case I should put it to idle. Because of that, i don't touch the throttle during the flight.  So why during the flight I do get this message (<- see the link to the screenshot here)? I usually then have to abort the landing because it puts the throttle to maximum and I end up going incredibly fast on approach! Note that the screen shot was taken after I paused the flight and was very frustrated, so I had probably changed some setting such as the speed & heading.

Any help with this would be good, because it has happened to me on a number of flights.

Thanks, Gaz

Hello Gary,

This is likely due to the thrust levers (one, the other or both) not being the climb detent.  You can verify this visually in the aircraft to double check it.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave, how are you.? 

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't understand what happened because, as I say, I left them at the same detent all through the flight without issues until I began my final approach. The only think I can think of is that I mistakingly pressed a key (F1 maybe) and that an effect. 

I will continue to try these things out on my machines. 

Thanks, Dave. 

Gaz

Archived