Win32/Occamy.C found in Aerosoft.A3XX.Configurator.exe

kaselite

Hi there. just installed the new plane... love it... its amazing. Started working through setup and when trying to execute configurator Windows Defender quarantined the file. Please see the image attached. I have checked my machine and i dont have an infection. Thought it odd so...  

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Yeah same story as always. A configurator changes other programs and AV software feels that is very dangerous. But as this is Microsoft I have at least a chance to talk to them and solve it. The other AV companies never react to our complaints.

Hi guys,

I guess, i have the same issue. I bought FS2crew for the Airbus pro and for activating the software I need the configurator. Unfortunately the exe file is missing.

How I can I fix the problem please?

Best,

Fabien

Hi Mathijs,

No that is not my issue. I found the exe file in the Prepar3d/Aerosoft/Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional/Configurator folder and I clicked on it. I had an error message and the exe file disappeared:

It is very weird.

:(

• Aerosoft

Well I suggest to install it without the AV software otherwise it might not be installed.

The most ridiculous thing is that we now seen some AV software just prevents these files from being installed without any feedback to the user. 

Quite a few types of computer security software will disable Windows Defender (because it's a bad idea to run more than one computer security software, as they can conflict with one another).   So when the user disables their computer security software, often Windows Defender is then enabled.  To be honest, this sounds like what is happening in your case.  So I would check both the computer security software you're running and Windows Defender to see if one or the other is removing the file in question. 

Like Mathijs said, what you described is exactly what happens when computer security software quarantines a file.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived