A319 Pro Out Of Control After Takeoff, Banks Left, Right then plunges!

mike4648

I'm not sure what is causing this. So far since installing Aerosoft PRO 2 days ago i have not had a successful flight without rolling out of control after takeoff and plunging to the earth out of control.

1) On takeoff my engines do not spool up FLEX in order to make a proper takeoff. I have to ignore V2 and force the aircraft to use a bit more runway to get off the ground.

2) After takeoff i cant control the left right ailerons. She stars pitching to the left then right violently and i struggle to keep the plane in a straight line. MY FPS DIVES!

3) Now comes the crescendo. As soon as i enable autopilot the plane stars banking further to the right then the left then the right then the left violently and VERY FAST as it tries to follow the set route.

4) Eventually, the plane rolls too hard to the left or right, rolls over and dives to the ground? Cant pull it out of the drive at 5,000ft. CRASH!

What the hell? It does this every time i try to fly the A319. So far i have not been able to leave LAX for LAS.

Yes, i have the latest updates. And yes it was a fresh install after upgrading to P3D V4.3 from V4.1.

NO, it does not happen with PMDG 737. 777, 747 or any other aircraft.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

1st flight was without Active Sky. 2nd flight was without Active sky and the last fight i just finished was With.

Its not weather, Active Sky or turbulence!!!

Thanks

- Mike

• Aerosoft

I don't think this is related downloading or installing so I will move the topic for you.

The complete list of issues strongly suggest that there is a fundamental issue in the sim. It's can't be the add-on because we got thousands of customers who do NOT see the same things.  We have seen a LOT of issues with people who updated their sim with just a client update. A new full install of the sim would most likely solve this issue.

FOR THE RECORD, all my Aerosoft aircrafts A3xx under FSX had all kinds of issues as well. For instance, every aircraft i ever tried from Aerosoft always exhibited the same issue and that is OVERSPEED. It could never maintain the proper speed during cruise. It would always end up in the red zone then the autopilot would try to compensate by reducing the speed then it increased speed and reduced speed over and over. The whole cruise was a joke. I stopped flying Aerosoft aircraft's because they always had this issue under FSX. Now this?

Err the client update is the recommended way of upgrading from v4.x. In my case i did two things. I uninstalled the content then the client and reinstalled both. I did not see the reason why i should reinstall scenery. So that cant be the problem here. Also, it is related to Aerosoft and this addon. Because i just flew a flawless flight from LAX to LAS using PMDG 737. Smooth as silk. No jitters no out of control situations, no frame drops, no crashes and this was the FIRST FLIGHT i'v done with PMDG since upgrading to V4.3 yet there was not one issue.

If it was the SIM i would be seeing this issue across multiple aircraft's and i dont. How can that be explained?

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, mike4648 said:

If it was the SIM i would be seeing this issue across multiple aircraft's and i dont. How can that be explained?

Because all aircraft are not done the same way. And again you feel it is our source, how do you explain it happens top you and not tens of thousands of other users? There has to be a logic right? I am really sorry that you are unhappy but what you explain is simply not seen by other users. What do you want me to assist with then? 

If you do not want to accept that we got a LOT of users who had problems that were solved after making sure the sim is correct that up to you. But just check out the forum here and you will find at least 50 customers who had weird issues like you have solved that way.  If you do not want to take that advise there is not a lot I can do about that. 

Iv killed over 300 people already. Id make a video but it would make you sick to your stomach. Please explain the full uninstall process right down to removing every single folder so i can do an uninstall. I will be using REVO. What additional folders and files will i need to delete to make the uninstall process complete?

On that note i also have RAAS' installed + FS2CREW.

ALSO own CRJ and that works fine.

- Mike

7 minutes ago, mike4648 said:

What advise was that?

To reinstall the sim (P3DV4.3), which can help to resolve lots of minor issues that otherwise would take a very long time and one hell of an effort to isolate.

Additional General Information:

The type of problem you're experiencing has often been caused by the computer system not being able to maintain 18fps or greater.  Even very quick dips (stutters) can result in fps momentarily going below 18fps and thus the problem you're experiencing will occur.

During takeoff the sim is working as hard as it can to load all the scenery, autogen, and push frames.  The only time it works a bit harder is during takeoff or approach during dawn/dusk (when both night and day textures are loaded on top of one another to create the dawn/dusk textures).  Add a lot of weather textures (thunderstroms) and the sim working even harder... and all of these things will affect the frame rates (even momentarily).

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

To reinstall the sim (P3DV4.3), which can help to resolve lots of minor issues that otherwise would take a very long time and one hell of an effort to isolate.

Additional General Information:

The type of problem you're experiencing has often been caused by the computer system not being able to maintain 18fps or greater.  Even very quick dips (stutters) can result in fps momentarily going below 18fps and thus the problem you're experiencing will occur.

During takeoff the sim is working as hard as it can to load all the scenery, autogen, and push frames.  The only time it works a bit harder is during takeoff or approach during dawn/dusk (when both night and day textures are loaded on top of one another to create the dawn/dusk textures).  Add a lot of weather textures (thunderstroms) and the sim working even harder... and all of these things will affect the frame rates (even momentarily).

I see so your saying this addon is far more complex and eats up more resources than PMDG, Capt Sim? Yet im running a i7-7700k processor.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your processor says nothing. With a wrong configuration of your sim you can turn every machine into a stop motion generator. 

The suggestion still is: reinstall your simulator. 

I would strongly believe that this is coming from your sim's lack of FPS which sends the Fly-by-wire system crazy, particularly on rotation when your sim's view suddenly increases to the city (LA) and terrain around you.

21 minutes ago, mike4648 said:

I see

Maybe, but you're not seeing this for what it is.

I'm running an i7-4770K and if I'm not getting stutters or periodic low frame rates (based on what I explained above) then how do you explain that?  I run all payware airports and ORBX Global/Vector along with payware weather textures... and I run a 55 inch 4K and three 23-inch monitors on a single vanilla GTX1080 - everything one can do to challenge a system.

I understand that you're frustrated, but this level of flight sim (where someone runs numerous addons) requires a lot of knowledge which can be obtained by reading the various forums (here and elsewhere) and becoming an expert about your system and the software you select to run on it.  If thousands of other people are running without issues and you're having issues then you have to start looking at your system.

Moreover, different addons use different system resources, thus the days of comparing one addon to another and using that as justification to point to addon software being the culprit are long over (if one could even do that at anytime in our hobbies history). I'd hazard a guess that less than 10% of people in the flight sim community are knowledgeable enough to compare addons (you can count every single moderator we have on staff in that 10%) as you have to have significant knowledge of P3D and one hell of a LOT of addons.  You have any idea of how many EZDoc users complained about our software only to find that EZDoc was the problem?

Yeah, it's easier to have us say "it's something were looking into", but the cold hard truth is that your system, addon(s), and/or settings are preventing our software from running as intended.

If we thought for a second that it was something else, we'd be tearing into it.  But until you've reinstalled your system there is very little we can do.  Besides as Mathijs already said, doing this has resolved these types of issues for many, many people.  One of the reasons MIGHT be that some addons modify files they shouldn't be touching, or might otherwise cause problems.  To troubleshoot that without reinstalling the sim takes ages and painstaking effort.

Before you go through the P3DV4.3 uninstall/reinstall, I would try deleting your P3D Shaders folder.

Here is the uninstall / reinstall procedure i use and recommend:

PREPARED V4 UNINSTALL & REINSTALL
1. Uninstall the Aerosoft Airbus Pro via the Windows Program Manager,
2. Remove the two remaining Airbus Folders (where ever you installed it to, default location is the Documents folder. The names of the folders are: Aerosoft and Airbus Professional A318 A319.

3. Reboot
4. Uninstall P3DV4 via the Windows Program Manager.
5. Reboot.
6. Install P3DV4.3.
8. Reboot.
9. Disable computer security software.
10. Install the Airbus Pro running the Airbus Installer “As Admin”
11. Reboot
12. Ensure computer security is disabled.
13. Update the Airbus via the AS Updater.
14. Delete your P3D Shaders folder (AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d)
15. Re-enable computer security, and exclude both Airbus folders (see above) in your computer security.
16. Reboot.

Now truly in your corner and rooting for you, but we can't do things for you.  Note that even after the reinstall you may have to go through some trial and error before you have this whipped (just speaking from 12 years of providing FSX/P3D technical support).

Looking forward to hearing back from you after the reinstall.

Best wishes.

Ok thanks, Yes as part of my upgrade i deleted the p3d config file to have it regenerate and also removed the shaders just so the upgrade could recreate them.

Im going to start by uninstalling this addon and reinstalling it. If that doesnt work ill have to go the other route.

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

strongly suggest that there is a fundamental issue in the sim. It's can't be the add-on because we got thousands of customers who do NOT see the same things

No offense Matthijs, but if it is a fundamental flaw in the sim, all users would be affected by it. Apparently this isn't the case.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

No offense Matthijs, but if it is a fundamental flaw in the sim, all users would be affected by it. Apparently this isn't the case.

Sorry I was not clear, I meant a fundamental issue in his simulator (could be the fact he is using SLI and the RealLights has a problem with that.

7 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

@mike4648 Could you watch the F/CTL ECAM page while this is happening? I would like to know whether it's actual control surface movement that causes the problem or if it's other factors.

Yes its control surfaces, just as if i was turning the aircraft to the right or the left. But it rolls right then immediately left then continues on for some seconds and stops then starts up again. I'm running

FS2Crew Aerosoft Airbus Pro 3.1

FSUIPC

ACTIVE SKY - OFF

GSX

Trueglass

RAAS

Chaseplane

Thats it really. I'v decided not to fly the A318/319 now. I just cant see myself doing a fresh install not when i have over 500gb of ORBX scenery + others. 4.3 is very stable for me. I have not had a single issue with it. I even upgraded to the lastest AMD drivers and its still stable. When i was running V4.1 i could only run AMD Driver 1.7.4.4 otherwise there would be a driver crash. But im happy to report that with 4.3 i can now run the latest drivers. Also, i only upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3 because i wanted to fly the Airbus. Also, the upgrade was vrom 4.1 -> 4.3. Excluding 4.2 as per Lockheed Martin this was not a necessary step.

- Mike

5 minutes ago, mike4648 said:

Tested A318 and it flys normally? Tested over default p3d4 scenery. Also tested it from LAX for 15min and its a normal flight. What now?

Mike, the syntax you're using makes it difficult to understand what you're trying to say.

I realize English isn't everyone's first language (and I'm impressed by how well such people do with English!), so I offer the information below in order to help a bit so we can understand what you mean.

Tested A318 and it flys normally?

You wrote that as a question. Were you questioning someone else's post?  Or did you mean it as a statement?  If a statement then omit the question mark (?) and use a period (.).

What now?

You seem to have reported that you had a normal flight.  If this is the case, then enjoy the aircraft my friend!

Well its the A319 that's the problem, as per the title of the post. I haven't tested the A318 until just now and it flies normally, "?" because im surprised! I'm surprised because the A318 does not exhibit those out of control dynamics.

Besides the size, what is different between the 2? A319 is UN-flyable, A318 flies normally. Same settings. All i did for the A318 was turn off True-glass. Would that be the problem?

Well its the A319 that's the problem

All I ever fly is the A319 and I've yet to have this problem.  Same goes for our developers and Beta Testers.

For everyone:

When reporting, please provide us with the complete route and Cruise Altitude.  This would be a big help.

Thanks!

Archived