pushback oddities

Firstly, I've read this thread:

...however, I am still not getting the ability to enter a pushback distance.  LSK3 and 4 do not work, keyboard entry does not work, and yes, I have all fuel pumps on, and APU bleed on.  I am using the GROUND SERVICES entry in the MCDU.   The aircraft is at the point in the checklist where it should allow me to enter my pushback distance (say, 50 meters).   Nose left or right works as intended.

I see nothing in the manuals that is helping me.  Thus...am I missing something?

I might add, (and this is odd...), even after takeoff, and the taxi/before takeoff checklists are complete, the green instructional tape still says, "MCDU2 CONFIGURE AND START PUSHBACK" even though, it told me that already, and I did that already.

Furthermore -- now that I'm at cruise, meters appear and I can adjust the pushback.  How is the logic getting off-track?   Is there something I'm doing wrong, using the co-pilot / checklist feature?

• Deputy Sheriffs

First I hope that you did not enable the GSX PUSH option in the MCDU3 - OPTIONS - CHECKLIST.  If the option is set to NO it means (using the CL and Copilot funtion) that after the BEFORE START CL has been finished the PB menu automatically comes up. The seperate PB function in GND SERVICES should only be used if somebody is not using the CL and Copilot function and still wants to use the PB function as standalone feature.......

Regards,

Rolf

13 hours ago, Hanse said:

First I hope that you did not enable the GSX PUSH option in the MCDU3 - OPTIONS - CHECKLIST.  If the option is set to NO it means (using the CL and Copilot funtion) that after the BEFORE START CL has been finished the PB menu automatically comes up. The seperate PB function in GND SERVICES should only be used if somebody is not using the CL and Copilot function and still wants to use the PB function as standalone feature.......

Regards,

Rolf

Ok, I think I understand you.  I do not have GSX, so I'll make sure that option is off.   I think I was not waiting for the CL/copilot to get to that point, and it threw the whole system out-of-kilter. 

I will be patient and let the PB menu come up automatically.  I'll report back if I can do it.

Ok, last night I was patient, and waited for the checklist to pull up the pushback menu, and it worked.   I did put 40 meters for pushback, and ended up in the grass...oops, my fault.

When it failed -- I think what I did, was to try to manually pull up the pushback, and it threw off the entire checklist sequence.   If that happens again, I will reload the aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived