No TOD and weird landing speeds

Hello,

As soon as I entered a RWY+STAR the FMC had no TOD and on the APPR page it is displaying a weird VAPP and VLS speeds? Also from the moment TOC was reached "decelerate" was displayed on the PFD?

Any ideas?

Regards

Please login to display this image.

41 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I believe this indicates that you had already passed your TOD.

Can you provide the complete route and aircraft weights?

Hi

Complete route was: 

DEP: EGAA RWY 25

SID: NONE

ROUTE: BLACA

STAR: TWEED2B
ARR: EGPH RWY 24

Weights:

ZFW - 53.9

TOW - 57.6

LDW - 56.4

FUEL - 4257

I reached TOC FL170 and instantly it displayed DECELERATE despite not being near TOD as the star profile has FL170 by a waypoint i was still 30nm from.

yeah, that pretty much confirms you'd already passed the computed TOD.

That entire route is only something like 112 miles, so I'm quite sure the above explains this.  Try a longer route with separation between the TOC and TOD and I'm sure you'll be all set.

Best wishes.

On 8/6/2018 at 1:33 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

yeah, that pretty much confirms you'd already passed the computed TOD.

That entire route is only something like 112 miles, so I'm quite sure the above explains this.  Try a longer route with separation between the TOC and TOD and I'm sure you'll be all set.

Best wishes.

Hello,

Its not to do with passed TOD as it has yet again happened tonight on a 300nm + route, as soon as reaching TOC and entering STAR/RWY with 290 to destination FL310 its displayed DECELERATE again wiht no TOD in FMC

I remain confident that having the TOC and TOD too close to one another, or already having passed the TOD was the cause of the first issue.

Regarding your second issue, since I don't know the route, what I can tell you is that DECELERATE can occur before the TOD.  It depends on the crossing restrictions after the TOD.

If you'll provide the complete route I'll do my best to check this.

Best wishes.

Archived