Wind request issue

Tibor

Hello,

I have found a topic, but that one is already closed.

My issue is the wind request is not working, not giving any wind data.

I have a network setup and on 2nd PC I run AS.

My workflow is to generate the desired flightplanes through simbrief and simbrief downloader copied copies them to the proper location, including below options:

Aerosoft Airbus        \\TIBOR-PC\Users\tibor\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans

FSX,P3D                  \\TIBOR-PC\Users\tibor\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

PMDG Flightplan      multiple folders

PMDG Wind Uplink  \\TIBOR-PC\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\WX

When I am using PMDG the wx file works, ie.777 FMC loads all the wx data from these files.

After generating the FPs, I load the P3D FP in AS, then startup the Airbus, selecting the generated route, then making sure not seting Cruise level, I am clicking WIND, then Wind request.....but nothing.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Tibor

And also do not have METAR data....:)

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but for me everything seems OK. Maybe when the AS runs on a network PC that can cause some trouble for the MCDU to gather the weather related info like METAR and Wind?

Tibor

hi Tibor!

Hope you read that closed topic on wind request.

If the problem persists, please upload the "FMGS.log" from the working folder ("<Documents>\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\Data\"). (Make sure the "Logging=1" is present in "FMGS.ini".)

Besides, please send any *.wx files from the same folder, if any. E.g. "currentfp.wx".

And your related files: *.pln, *.flp.

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Tibor,

I think I know now what the problem is (after havening a discussion with the Choobe - the MCDU dev) and we will try to sort it out. Be patient and we will come back to you soon providing a solution......

Regards,

Rolf

12 hours ago, Choobe said:

hi Tibor!

Hope you read that closed topic on wind request.

If the problem persists, please upload the "FMGS.log" from the working folder ("<Documents>\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\Data\"). (Make sure the "Logging=1" is present in "FMGS.ini".)

Besides, please send any *.wx files from the same folder, if any. E.g. "currentfp.wx".

And your related files: *.pln, *.flp.

Thanks!

Hello,

Please find the requested files attached.

there was no .wx file in the folder

attaching fp from: C:\Users\tibor\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans

attaching fp from: C:\Users\tibor\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

attaching wx from D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\WX

Regards,

Tibor

FMGS.log

LIMLEHAM_FSX_07Aug18.pln

LIMLEHAM01.flp

LIMLEHAM.wx

8 hours ago, Hanse said:

Hi Tibor,

I think I know now what the problem is (after havening a discussion with the Choobe - the MCDU dev) and we will try to sort it out. Be patient and we will come back to you soon providing a solution......

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Never the less I sent the required logs.

Waiting for your feedback as soon as you have some news.

Thank you,

Tibor

7 hours ago, Choobe said:

Thanks!

I made some related changes, please retry with the next update.

You are fast! ::grouprespect_s:

Thanks and looking forward to the next update

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Not yet decided but at latest as SP1 together with the release of the A320/A321 on Sept. 6th.......

Regards,

Rolf

I have found that every waypoint has to be included in the Activesky flight plan for the winds to be loaded for every waypoint

in the FMGC. Would you consider having the winds copied over to other waypoints as well if they are not in the Activesky plan? Otherwise every waypoint on the STAR would need to be in AS in order to load descent winds

Cheers

Greg

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, leftseat said:

I have found that every waypoint has to be included in the Activesky flight plan for the winds to be loaded for every waypoint

in the FMGC. Would you consider having the winds copied over to other waypoints as well if they are not in the Activesky plan? Otherwise every waypoint on the STAR would need to be in AS in order to load descent winds

Cheers

Greg

The FMS has no option to enter several wpt for the DES Wind Page. Just one altitude set is possible.

What if you can do it in a PMDG 777 even in PMDG 737 with respect to introduce winds and speed of these, in the AIRBUS A318-319 of Aerosoft can not, ' at the moment ' I think.

So at the moment if it does, it is by levels of flight both in ascent, route and descent from the data metar that by addons can have installed, or generated. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived