Black Overhead?

Hello,

My overhead panel background is black. I had used PTA, and my cockpit was a way too dark. I tried restoring to default and removing the shaders folder. It did improve parts of the cockpit except for the overhead panel which still remained dark. When I had PTA it looked like the whole cockpit was dark so the overhead wasn't any special, yet now it looks like there's no texture at all. 

Thanks, 

Maksim Polonski

Please login to display this image.

There are two steps i would try:

1. Use Delete content batch file in the Prepar3D main folder, which resets also the shader files. There maybe one corrupted left by PTA which causes the issue.

2. The step that Masterhawk told you. Often, i already your user folder has a larger number of characters, it can be in the end too long for the total path name. We had even to shorten out many livery folder names for that.

My Prepar3D is installed in the default Program Files/Lockheed Martin. It takes around 150 characters to get to simobjects/airplanes/aerosoft a319 pro which still leaves more than a 100 available characters. 

I tried reinstalling without luck. 

I know realized that it's only like that in the Lufthansa livery (both new and old)

All others are working fine. 

I tried Germanwings (more letters, I'd guess the path is longer) and it works fine. Maybe I should try coping files from another livery?

The overhead is NOT dependent on the Lufthansa livery. This textures resides in a fallback folder, but that like many others too, which are loaded correctly as visible in your screenshots. So my guess is you got still shader junk from the former PTA use.

Did you try the DELETE CONTENT batch in your Prepar3D main folder?

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry for luck of response.

The Delta and Arkia are both cfm with sharklets (Delta is N301DN, Arkia 4X-NEO). Aren't they both using the same model.. at least panel files? How is it possible that one is fine and the other isn't :/ 

I didn't try the Delete batch yet.. I'll do it tomorrow (Not sure which files should I backup first)

Attaching 3 files, the registrations can be seen there.

Archived