Windshield wiper sound

• Aerosoft

I spend a few hours experimenting on getting the windshieldwipermotorsound (is that a word?), but did not find a suitable solution.

The issue is that animations in the sim have a duration measured in frames, not time. So they differ per system. Creating a sound that will stay well aligned with the animation is thus very hard. The logical solution would be to trigger a small sound per animation that way it might still not perfectly match but it will not get out of sync. yet this proven to be even more problematic. Triggering a sound every 0.8 seconds worked well on my fastests system that has a high end sound card, but caused havoc on other systems with less capable sound systems.

So for now I will mute these sounds. That is not such a bad choice as it may sound because on the newest Airbusses the sound seems to be far less audible then it was on older models. In flight it is almost impossible to hear and only with all other systems off will it stand out. For now I will leave this issue but we'll discuss it more internally to see if we can find a better solution.

Archived