Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional Preview. (released)

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

All downvotes are always looked at and when needed acted upon.

Understood... Thanks, Mathijs. I was, well - dumbfounded, and thinking out loud, I guess. 

35 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Understood... Thanks, Mathijs. I was, well - dumbfounded, and thinking out loud, I guess. 

Yeah, on first reflction, got to agree, that giving you downvotes is very harsh, considering your message's are being open and honest of what you are doing and why. You are not simply a flight sim company but a developer in several areas, that in you own words outsell flight sim...

Anyway, maybe, thinking now as a "devils Advocate", the upvote and especially the downvote system maybe too black and white. The person giving your 'message' the downvote may just be unhappy with the news, but not at 'you' personally, and their only way of voting about the bad news 'message' is down. Some forums have gone away from the voting due to the polarising action a downvote brings to the author. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I just love, when you get downvoted for no reason...

Neither of my posts, was offensive, derogatory or insulting towards anyone. Sensitive crowd.

Apparently there's still users in here, who either loves trolling or haven't grasped the basic 'rules of engagement', when it comes to the voting-system.

I just gave you an upvote. I agree. I don't like the system either, as too many people abuse it. My philosophy is, if you don't like a post, just keep scrolling. I've never given a single downvote on these forums. A system with only upvotes works well on other forums.

• Upvote 3

On 8/15/2018 at 5:18 PM, nealmac said:

I just gave you an upvote. I agree. I don't like the system either, as too many people abuse it. My philosophy is, if you don't like a post, just keep scrolling. I've never given a single downvote on these forums. A system with only upvotes works well on other forums.

I very much agree with you, Neal.

But the current voting system, does have it's merits, in my opinion. It's effective with being used against abusive posts and 'track' users who continuously shows, that they can't (or won't) understand how to behave themselves. But - the system must be used with great caution and should in no way, be used (or abused) in order to carry out vendettas or revenge against certain members. As a rule of thumb, one should look at the post, not the user, when using it. 

In general, there should be a high degree of moderation exercised . Therefore, I'm very relieved to hear, that Aerosoft is conducting that kind of vigorous censorship, when it comes to the voting system. 

Of course there's always people who cannot or - again will not - abide by the rules. One of the ways I thought about, was only giving members the possibility of down-voting posts, when they reached a certain reputation (reputation points). That would automatically remove many of the trolling and abusive users - but in the end, I'm not really sure, that it's a fair system... 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

One of the ways I thought about, was only giving members the possibility of down-voting posts, when they reached a certain reputation (reputation points). That would automatically remove many of the trolling and abusive users - but in the end, I'm not really sure, that it's a fair system... 

We had tried to implement such a feature a few months back, back unfortunately weren't successful with it. It simply refused to work as expected. We might try again at a later point in time, when a few software updates ran through.

• Upvote 2

purchasing through the "Aerosoft"  page.

the pricing for the "bundle" nominally is set at 81.29€, but the price on the forum (if you have the current bundle) is 33.57€.

where in the purchasing chain does this discount kick in, and what/where do I insert any codes or previous order numbers to gain the lower bundle price ? (I have the current bundle)

rgds

Carey

5 minutes ago, Carey said:

purchasing through the "Aerosoft"  page.

the pricing for the "bundle" nominally is set at 81.29€, but the price on the forum (if you have the current bundle) is 33.57€.

where in the purchasing chain does this discount kick in, and what/where do I insert any codes or previous order numbers to gain the lower bundle price ? (I have the current bundle)

rgds

Carey

image.png

Source: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/prepar3d/aircraft/2435/a320-family-professional-bundle?number=AS14397

On the first page of the checkout process you just enter the license key of your current bundle:

image.png

and hit the ">" button.

• Upvote 2

I know a neo wont/cant be done correctly, but has a a320neo model using a320 performance and cockpit been considered? I for one would gladly pay for it. Its nice to have fuel burn and range etc correct, but id rather have the external model without it than no neo at all.

We'll see.... lot on out plate right now.

This week I need to deliver one big professional project.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Stefan, you created the perfect/correct sat-antenna for US-based carriers! Will it be available for the A320 models?

6 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

As told before, from time to time we add more models to the A31X/A32X product. This time we decided to cover one more US carrier, Jetblue with their rather new N976JT...

Note that also the satantenna on the back was correctly modeled after its realworld counterpart. Those are different to the ones used by Lufthansa.

Lovely.... That livery is going to rack up some miles.  :-)

Mike

8 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Will it be available for the A320 models?

What do you mean? It's an A321 livery (as clearly stated in every preview picture). 

• Downvote 2

vor 10 Stunden , AA777-200ER sagte:

Thank you Stefan, you created the perfect/correct sat-antenna for US-based carriers! Will it be available for the A320 models?

Already in work. Will be presented later the week...

• Upvote 4

vor 19 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

We'll see.... lot on out plate right now.

This week I need to deliver one big professional project.

I would like to know a little bit more about this Statement … :P

Sorry, can't comment on it. Other then most of the time this one was fun though!

How is the progress on Connected Flight Deck? I am more anxious about this than the actual A320/A321 "addition" :D

16 minutes ago, AuroralA320 said:

No chance of a cheeky release for those of us who bought the A320 family bundle then?

The A320/A321 will be release at 06.09. as announced on the previous page.

In case you referred to Mathijs' last post: he wasn't talking about the Airbus ;) 

What us liveries will come with the A320/A321? So far I’ve only heard JetBlue. Will there be a Delta repaint seeing they fly both models?

On 8/15/2018 at 10:18 AM, nealmac said:

People downvote when they don't like the comment. That's all. And I agree.. if you don't like the comment just keep walking. 

And, since we are in the voting celebration, I'm going to give you, Nealmac,  a DownVote for not exercising your right to downvote. (LoL, just kidding)