Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Yes, too bad that you are not flxing the A330 in real :D

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Will it have wingflex?

Yes. We have solid data on how much the tips move under what G force.  Won't impress some people as it is a Airbus wing and they are pretty stiff and almost all YT vids show as much movement in the camera as in the wingtips (camera goes down, wingtip goes up and before you know it it looks like the wingtip moved meters).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

maybe Frank wants wingflex 'cause it's more easy for him to to break them

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

But isn‘t flex also influenced by the lift vector?

Of course, and we'll even take the amount of fuel in the tanks in account.  We decided not to mimic the effects of temperature though. Got to draw a line somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course, and we'll even take the amount of fuel in the tanks in account.  We decided not to mimic the effects of temperature though. Got to draw a line somewhere.

The A330 has a lot of wing flex , not stiff like the A320 family . Here a image I thought from the cockpit , look at the wing lol , with the wing be able to be seen from the cockpit like this ? .. Even as a plane spotter its clearly evident theres a descent amount of wing flex and as a pax'S View at any stage in flight .Saying that ''Won't impress some people as it is a Airbus wing and they are pretty stiff and almost all YT vids show as much movement in the camera as in the wingtips (camera goes down, wingtip goes up and before you know it it looks like the wingtip moved meters).'' which is False because the vertical movement of the camera doesnt affect on show the wingtip has moved meters.Just please do the wing flex right , anyone with common sense can tell that the 330 wing has far better wing flex than the 320 Family regardless of camera at any stage in flight. If the camera moves down the person will have a reaction to recorrect its position of which you can easily compare before and after the vertical movement as the camera would be back in its original position and a GOPRO stuck the window does not have the effect of the vertical movement so I think you should rethink about the whole wingflex if that your approach. I may seem as If I am coming across a bit aggressive but I feel that that statement is nonsense. I have been on a 330 over 25 times in the past 5 years and I disagree with your statements about the 330 having a 'stiff' wing. 

I would nearly think that the 330/340 wing has the greatest wing flex out of all the airbus aircraft besides the 350

I hope my comment remains here as I am free to speak about a product that in development on a forum.Hopefully my criticism can be taken positively into the product

42631564544_e38a545e5e_o.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Sorry if I missed this somewhere but is there a list of which liveries will be available upon launch of this product? I understand release is quite far away so it might not be decided yet.

looks great & thanks :)

vor 6 Stunden , Dean_johnston sagte:

The A330 has a lot of wing flex , not stiff like the A320 family . Here a image I thought from the cockpit , look at the wing lol , with the wing be able to be seen from the cockpit like this ? .. Even as a plane spotter its clearly evident theres a descent amount of wing flex and as a pax'S View at any stage in flight .Saying that ''Won't impress some people as it is a Airbus wing and they are pretty stiff and almost all YT vids show as much movement in the camera as in the wingtips (camera goes down, wingtip goes up and before you know it it looks like the wingtip moved meters).'' which is False because the vertical movement of the camera doesnt affect on show the wingtip has moved meters.Just please do the wing flex right , anyone with common sense can tell that the 330 wing has far better wing flex than the 320 Family regardless of camera at any stage in flight. If the camera moves down the person will have a reaction to recorrect its position of which you can easily compare before and after the vertical movement as the camera would be back in its original position and a GOPRO stuck the window does not have the effect of the vertical movement so I think you should rethink about the whole wingflex if that your approach. I may seem as If I am coming across a bit aggressive but I feel that that statement is nonsense. I have been on a 330 over 25 times in the past 5 years and I disagree with your statements about the 330 having a 'stiff' wing. 

I would nearly think that the 330/340 wing has the greatest wing flex out of all the airbus aircraft besides the 350

I hope my comment remains here as I am free to speak about a product that in development on a forum.Hopefully my criticism can be taken positively into the product

42631564544_e38a545e5e_o.jpg

The A330 got is correct wingflex. The people before were only joking...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

The A330 got is correct wingflex. The people before were only joking...

I think that is not the point he is making here Stefan. 

One should also distinguish between wingflex and flappy wings. Mathijs usually talks about the flappy wings concept. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Flappy wings not appeared a single time before your post Frank. You mean people over-exaggerate their idea of wingflex?

7 hours ago, andysimulatorgamer said:

Will the A330 be released for fsx as fsx doesn’t have a good one and I can’t afford p3d right now. 

We have not decided. It's a limited market though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good to see the 330 coming up nicely! Was waiting for this thread to be opened. :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dean_johnston said:

.Saying that ''Won't impress some people 

I stated that because when talking to other developers we learn that customers expect a lot more when it is done realistic. We have discussed this many many time and i believe everything has been said about it. We'll try to do it realistically and that might not match the customers expectations. We have the correct data and will implement that.

Can I suggest we drop the wing flex topic now?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1