Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

5 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Yes exactly... and especially when Mathias says in the original post "You can see what the advantage of doing an aircraft directly for 64 bits is, If we would work with a 32 bit model we would never dream of this level of detail ".

Once they commit to supporting 32bit they will "never dream" of what might have been possible if they had committed to 64bit only.

The conversation might go like this...

Dev A: Let's add this cool feature X but it's 64bit only... (eg thinking of something like PMDG's 64bit only "Rainmaker")

Dev B: Nice feature BUT we have to support 32bit also.

Dev A: Oh yeah, forget it then.

Guys,

This conversation really goes nowhere as it's based purely on the presumption that Aerosoft neither understands the market (what people want, etc.) or how to create excellent addon aircraft.

I'm going to give you guys one example, and then let's shelve this entire conversation.

Leonardo recently released the Maddog X for FSX, P3DV3 and P3DV4.  Each version has it's own software and different capabilities, and the 64-bit version did not lack for anything because we did a not one, but two 32-bit versions.

Aerosoft is a leading developer in the flight sim world, and deals with many professional clients as well.  If we decide to produce a 32-bit version of the A330, then the 64-bit version won't be affected.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

And what do you take from the fact that *ALL* buses are full 64bit developments and nothing has been decided for 32bit yet?

Your arguments would be valid if both versions would be developed simultaneously. But that is simply not the case. The focus on the 64bit versions is to fully support ALL new P3Dv4 features which are already available and will become available in the future.

Any 32bit will be a strip-down version, being developed AFTER finalising the 64bit version.

Like it has been communicated in the preview topics all the time.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Any 32bit will be a strip-down version, being developed AFTER finalising the 64bit version.

IMHO if the 32bit market is "large" then the danger is that some 64bit only features will be culled from the 64bit development plan because it will be deemed not worth the development effort if 32bit users are going to miss out.

That a 32bit release will be "in the back of the mind" and it will impact the decision about what 64bit features to implement.

But I'll buy the A330 anyway :)

Just a little disappointing that Aerosoft is not committing to 64bit only...

• Downvote 7

9 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

IMHO if the 32bit market is "large" then the danger is that some 64bit only features will be culled from the 64bit development plan because it will be deemed not worth the development effort if 32bit users are going to miss out.

Reading from the last couple of comments (from @Tom A320 and @DaveCT2003), and knowing Aerosoft's commitment, I seriously doubt that would happen! 

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

Just a little disappointing that Aerosoft is not committing to 64bit only...

Sorry, I really don't see where you take the idea from that all new 64bit re-developments of the Airbuses will take any negative impact if there will be later on a 32bit strip down?

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Sorry, I really don't see where you take the idea from that all new 64bit re-developments of the Airbuses will take any negative impact if there will be later on a 32bit strip down?

This... " That a 32bit release will be "in the back of the mind" and it will impact the decision about what 64bit features to implement. "

But if that's not going to be a factor then great!

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, MatthewS said:

This... " That a 32bit release will be "in the back of the mind" and it will impact the decision about what 64bit features to implement. "

But if that's not going to be a factor then great!

My goodness...

They finish the 64-bit version first and then they modify the 32-bit one to fit the respective sim. No-one in their right mind would not make use of the 64bit advantage.

Sorry Aerosoft for dragging this topic further

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Carlos D said:

@Mathijs Kok The title should read "professional" with two "s". Just a note.

Good work with the airbuses, thank you!

Fixed. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2018 at 11:06 PM, europe.au said:

I've been spoiled by the A318/A319 Pro, so I have to ask this question:

The A330 will get the coffee, phone, and papers too right? :P 

Nope, no more coffee. Too many complains came in saying that there has been coffee spills all over the cockpit on the babe-busses. 

And no for the phone.. Other pilots reported near-hit incidents due to babe-busses' pilots being on Facebook while flying. (big no, no) 

-- However (however), the developer is working on adding smoke and fire to the wheels; this, in the event your airplane comes in too hot and dirty,  and runs-away on the runway.   ("runs away?"   Humm.. that would be a run-a-way bus) :mallet_s:

And in place of coffee, pilots will now get a more classy drink- Red Bull.   (And, if you think all of this is bull? Well, it might not be) 

Please, whatever you do to this the number one thing you must add is a qantas livery! PLEASE add qantas to main collection off liveries in default package, also looking extremley forward to this, its my favorite airbus!

vor 42 Minuten, maxkillers sagte:

Please, whatever you do to this the number one thing you must add is a qantas livery! PLEASE add qantas to main collection off liveries in default package, also looking extremley forward to this, its my favorite airbus!

Uhm I think a Quantas Livery in the final product is not an impossible thing, but I so no reason for a collection of Quantas Liverys as this would take too much time and "hobby-painters" can add those as an additional download afterwards.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:41 AM, Rocksen said:

They finish the 64-bit version first and then they modify the 32-bit one to fit the respective sim. No-one in their right mind would not make use of the 64bit advantage.

Indeed, for sure no 32 bit versions will be released in 2018, so I suggest to close this topic until Jan1st 2019

1 minute ago, KIE said:

Uhm I think a Quantas Livery in the final product is not an impossible thing, but I so no reason for a collection of Quantas Liverys as this would take too much time and "hobby-painters" can add those as an additional download afterward.

We will have a Quantas livery in the release.

• Upvote 1

Would it be too much to have one Jetstar one too.?

• Downvote 1

Aerosoft please can you do the sounds as good possible because the Trent engines are the best sounding in the world

46 minutes ago, Trevor11350 said:

Aerosoft please can you do the sounds as good possible because the Trent engines are the best sounding in the world

Trevor,

At Aerosoft, we always do things "as good as possible".  No need to ask that question my friend!

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

vor 18 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Indeed, for sure no 32 bit versions will be released in 2018, so I suggest to close this topic until Jan1st 2019

I'm disappointed! How can I forget those who pay my glass of wine for many years. Every day, when I slam ONE door (32-bit) and open a NEW door (64-bit), those who have paid for my glass of wine wait a long (until JAN 1st 2019)time.

Ich bin enttäuscht! Wie kann ich die vergessen, die über viele Jahre mein Glas Wein bezahlen. Wenn ich von heute auf morgen EINE Tür (32 bit) zuschlage und eine NEUE Tür (64 bit) aufmache und die, die mein Glas Wein bezahlt haben, auf lange Zeit (until JAN 1st 2019) vertröste.

Gruß Wolfgang

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, flaps16 said:

I'm disappointed! How can I forget those who pay my glass of wine for many years. Every day, when I slam ONE door (32-bit) and open a NEW door (64-bit), those who have paid for my glass of wine wait a long (until JAN 1st 2019)time.

There is no new information in Mathijs' post. Ever since Aerosoft pointed out the timeline of the releases of the new buses, it has always been said, that the 32 bit versions (if they will be done) will be done at the very end.

1. A318/A319 Professional
    D-Day
  2. A320/A321 Professional
    5 weeks later
  3. A318/A319 Professional & A320/A321 Profession service Pack 1
    This Service pack will replace the current PFD and ND with newer version that are better in resolution and designed to be used in 2d mode (the other gauges should already work in 2d mode at that time)
    Unknown period later, but we guestimate something like 4 weeks.
  4. A330 Professional
    Unknown period later
  5. 318/A319 Professional & A320/A321 Professional & A330 Professional service Pack 2
    Note we skip the A330 SP1 to keep the names uniform. This service pack will bring all aircraft to the same status and will update the smaller busses with the knowledge gathered in the meantime.

• After this we'll most likely add more A330 models (more engine types etc).
  • Of course, we'll always do hotfixes as soon as they are more or less stable. We promise not to keep them on our systems waiting for a larger update. 
  • Decisions on updates of the 32 bit version has not been taken. We feel that the models we know have are highly competitive in their price range and downloads for the 32 bit platform have tanked totally. When we get to that moment in time we'll look at it again. Please do not ask about this right now as I am not going to say anything else then that we'll look at it after point 5

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, flaps16 said:

I understand the disappointment. But there are several factors that are in play.

First of all I think that are current version are still damned good. Nothing in the same price range comes close. 

Secondly, the 32 bit market is not very strong. To convert the current 64 models to 32 bit means several months of work, a few new license here and there and to be honest I doubt we will be able to pay for that work. It will also draw resources from the 64 bit development that is profitable for sure. 

Lastly, a new 32 bit version will NOT be like the version we have now. The VC will have to be simplified (and thus only be a modest update from the current version), the new connected flight deck is not possible in 32 bits, things like true dimmable lighting and rain on windshield are not possible.  FSX is a 12 year old simulator that we have supported for all that time and for many products still do. But there has to come a time to drop it. We might be close to that.

The 64 bit version is super easy on FPS because we could make it 64 bits, a new 32 bit version with extended features would be at best as fast as the FSL bus is. Unacceptable in our eyes (as we also create and sell scenery, we like to make add-ons work together). I hope you understand why it is a difficult decision and why we take our time for that. We first complete the current projects. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3