Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Indeed it is. In some parts of the world it's sunday already, friday is still almost a week away. However I'm sure Aerosoft can delay any updates until friday if you like. :P

• Upvote 2

On 11/8/2018 at 8:57 PM, por928 said:

Of all the flight sim forums I visit, this would be one of the most open, honest, and above all, friendly of them. Some forums will simply not answer multiple previous asked questions. Tom is answering questions, rather than saying nothing. But, I guess he thinks it gets very repetitious answering the same questions, when forum users can read the thread, or search the thread for the answer. Maybe some people are not prepared to read 'long' threads? 

A few months ago I suggested Aerosoft place the most common questions/answers at the head of a specific topic page where there is lots of interest. I recall Tom's reply, saying even with these question/answers in the header, many people still did not read the page header, but asked a question with the same question/answer above them.

Remember the old saying, give a man a fish, he eats today but he is hungry tomorrow. Teach him to fish and he is not hungry any day…..Maybe this is Tom’s thought?

Sure, but customers and potential customers have questions for the developer, and the logic of "ehhh, pls read  300 pages back or forward and you will get answer" is   let's say ...very, very poor and offensive. Have you noticed how elegantly and respectfully , Mathis answers questions?  So, if find yourself in a city and need directions to the subway or a park or stadium, do you tell that person: "Well, if you had stop at the book-store 5 miles back or search for a book-store within this city and purchase a map, you would find your answer."  See how foolish that sounds? Exactly! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

On 11/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

image.png

Apart from the PMDG 737 I know of no other add-on aircraft with that many liveries available. The main reason we do not include many liveries is that in increases the download size a lot and that a Canadian buyer most likely has no use for a Uzbekistan Airways livery (and  vice versa)

I am not sure where this link is. I have found a lot of places and I have not found this subcategories

• Downvote 1

You speak directly out of my soul, Steve! It has never been more easy in the history of humanity to find information than it is nowadays. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, great post Steve. When I am flying what ever a/c, if some message pops up as a warning or what ever, I could hastily find the a/c manuals and look for the message...And by then if it was a serious issue, I maybe in a tad of bother due to the research time for the message. I know, I could pause the sim....Now with the internet, I simply post the message on my support machine and instantly some one would have found it as well, and usually a solution, and many many references. And of course, how would we survive without Youtube. Despite many written explanations out there, A few well created videos and the issue is the proverbial , A picture is worth a thousand words...umm, what would a video be worth in words!!  

And Tom, you are so right. No matter what happens in our life, we rely on Google etc to solve it.

• Upvote 1

Truly and well put Steve. We should also remember that flight sim has had an online community in one form or another for well over 30 years, and today that are many websites for our community, some that people may have never heard of. There are even interactive learning sites that teach most everything one needs to know about navigation, flying under all conditions, and how most everything we simulate actually works. For those who get the flight sim bug, it becomes a journey of learning and discovery, and after 36 years I'm still learning and still enjoying it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

please make this work for p3d v3.3+ I can't buy a new system yet so my pc can only run p3d v3

2 hours ago, joed26 said:

please make this work for p3d v3.3+ I can't buy a new system yet so my pc can only run p3d v3

It's been asked and answered several times, as recently as last Friday by Mathijs (take a look). No decision on any 32 bit version and the decision whatever it is will be some time after release.