Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

32 minutes ago, James attwood said:

Will the Aer Lingus livery be included.

Please refer to this quoted comment by Tom A320. 

On 11/4/2018 at 1:56 AM, Tom A320 said:

If you read back in this topic you will find all already announced included liveries.

• Upvote 4

Sorry, but I have to chime in here in regards to liveries. How does a state of the art, mainline, 60€-70€ product for Prepar3d get released with so few and such random stock liveries these days? Compare that to pretty much every other aircraft addon, be it the 717, Q400, or the "very popular" Boeing's and they get released with pretty much every livery that can be found of the modeled type in real life. Does Aerosoft really lack the man-power to create aircraft liveries and has to force their main 3d modeller to do such tasks? I mean even every DCS aircraft addon, which often times even costs less, comes with every imaginable squadron scheme that ever existed. In my opinion many and highly accurate liveries add so much more value to an aircraft addon and also lure in more customers who might be drawn to the product just by the sheer fact that a livery of their local airline is included. This is one of the reasons why repainters like Tavers or Goldstar Textures are so popular among the community. 

Just ask yourself a question - if someone who let's say lives in Portugal, Ireland or Russia does not see a TAP, Aer Lingus or Aeroflot livery on the store page - why should he buy this product if his favorite airline isn't even included and he has to wait for another customer to create such liveries....in the hopes that it is accurate and not just some random ms-paint rendition that has wrong colors, fonts and proportions...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

On 5.11.2018 at 08:13, mtjones83 sagte:

Thanks for the reply, Stefan. Agreed that fleet repaints take years! 
A quick look on planspotters.net and it seems around ~50% of the CX A333 fleet is now in the new livery.
I'm being selfish though, to be honest; as I just really like the clean look of the new paint (the complimentary new Dragon livery too) - I'm sure the awesome repaint community will have both done soon after release! 😉 👍

http://b-hld-cathay-pacific-airbus-a330-342_Pla

True, Amm693; once all the A350's are delivered. Still got ~30 in service though so we'll see these in CX colours for a good while yet I think.

+1 on this ... will be great to see the impact of the sim lighting and shading etc.

But one can recognize it as Cathay Pacific right ? :D

I'm 100% certain that other repainters in the community will also do liverys and also the new Cathay Pacific livery :)

• Upvote 1

I was looking in the topic for a list of all liveries that are planned, but I didn't find a complete list. Can someone start a topic where we can just request liveries for the a330 so that we aren't bombarded with livery requests in this topic. 

No need to start a new topic, there is already a wishlist 😉 

A regular "repaint request" topic will only make sense after the release, when the painkit is available and repainters can actually work on their own liveries.

iFly has quite a lot as well... They offer similar "good deal packs" as Aerosoft does, turning these models into pretty attractive for the public again like Aerosoft packs.

Seems to be a good way of doing business 😃

image.thumb.png.7a013ba6ef34ddf71503ddce00f4bcaf.png

11 minutes ago, Carlos D said:

iFly has quite a lot as well... They offer similar "good deal packs" as Aerosoft does, turning these models into pretty attractive for the public again like Aerosoft packs.

Seems to be a good way of doing business 😃

image.thumb.png.7a013ba6ef34ddf71503ddce00f4bcaf.png

Yes, iFly have a lot, but they're not included in the original download. Also, installing an iFly livery is a huge chore. I'm speaking about the 747. It could be different on the 737.

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Apart from the PMDG 737 I know of no other add-on aircraft with that many liveries available. The main reason we do not include many liveries is that in increases the download size a lot and that a Canadian buyer most likely has no use for a Uzbekistan Airways livery (and  vice versa)

You are missing my point. All of those are USER crated liveries and vary in quality/accuracy. Half of the old Airbus Extenden etc. liveries are hardly compatible with the new busses anyway. Or at least only after a tedious workaround/procedure. Again, only my opinion. Majestic, or Tfdi offer in-house liveries of all, if not most operators as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Agreed. You fly what, max two liveries possibly. I can live with some livery in the package + ability to download important ones from the web.

And when this thing is out I'm sure we will find more than enough high quality liveries made by the community, even designation codes (different RL aircraft of the same model/type) are covered most of the time with names and designation codes on the livery.

2 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Again, only my opinion. Majestic, or Tfdi offer in-house liveries of all, if not most operators as well. 

I suppose you are aware then that there is only a handful of operators of the Boeing 717. Providing all liveries is then quite a bit easier than when you model the A320. I personally am quite happy with the liveries I get from Aerosoft or fellow users of their buses.

Peter

• Upvote 2

Why doesn't Aerosoft do something similar to the PMDG Operations Centre, where you can pick and choose the liveries you want to download from a large variety of them? That way, the initial download is not too large, and everybody gets only the liveries they want.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

heres my 2 cents i agree with luke 12345678(guy above me)
and also in the xplane world for some reason=xplane .org=
all the great planes have for some reason hundreds of free liveries to choose from people/ just make so many u can pick and choose what u want
PS why do i have a minus 2 under my name in read? didi do something wrong?or bad/ was never my intention to offend anyone?

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, luke123452468 said:

Why doesn't Aerosoft do something similar to the PMDG Operations Centre, where you can pick and choose the liveries you want to download from a large variety of them? 

And what would be the difference between getting liveries through a download center or a download page??? 

You know of course that there are 1.600+ liveries for the Airbuses ready to download from the download page here in the forum, right? 

OK, Mathijs made it already clear, that there won't be any changes in the way Aerosoft is doing their own liveries and also giving the community a place where repainters can share their fantastic work and make it easily accessible to everyone. 

And this concludes the livery discussion. Follow up post will be removed. 

• Upvote 3

Just checkin in after more than 2 years without news; so A330 still not ready in any version, (virtual cockpit F100 anyone ?) FSX version more and more uncertain. This is becoming ridiculous. I'm not a spoiled teen, been waiting for years, been caught in this 32bits vs 64bits drama and now think I will never see any half descent A330 for FSX. What a shame. Before coming here for news I quickly checked PMDG and saw their latest B747-8i addon available for FSX. Well thank you PMDG and I'm sure this is also making sense business wise. Alas AS took another srategic business decisions...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 17

Friends,

As a friendly reminder, please don't ask for release dates (no matter how it's worded).  When we know, you'll know.  Posts asking for release dates will simply be removed.

For those who don't understand our policy, please read the post linked below.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 2