Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

4 minutes ago, Carey said:

do we have any further news on the SP1 release and subsequently the use of the CFD ?

Please post into the proper forum and not into the A330 preview topic. Thank you.

13 hours ago, louisdhennezel said:

could you give us a range of the a330 realase ?

Considering Mathijs provided an update back in september of it not being in the next few months, a fair deduction range would be sometime in 2019. Hope that helps.

I recall the endless same questions came up for the A318-321 prof series..That also had lots of pages which discouraged some people to read though the questions and answers....

Mod, maybe you can you place a header on top of this thread so that each subsequent page gets the same header that says, " The release will be some time in the future, "maybe" in 2019 and maybe some other common questions/answers. 

3 minutes ago, por928 said:

Mod, maybe you can you place a header on top of this thread so that each subsequent page gets the same header that says, " The release will be some time in the future, "maybe" in 2019 and maybe some other common questions/answers. 

We did that in the previous preview topics, but it was still ignored by users who don't read before they write. 

I remember quite well all my answers like "please read the first post on top of this page"...

• Upvote 4

On 30.9.2018 at 10:36, HDC sagte:
  On 29.9.2018 at 23:00, Joan Alonso sagte:
On 29.9.2018 at 22:23, HDC sagte:

Could  you implement a function that the Airbus start whit the same windows as i have closed it the last time. I have 3 monitors. The first for the simulator the second for the overhead panel and the third for the option mcdu and the FO mcdu. I had everytime to open the option mcdu, the FO mcdu and a new window with the overhead panel. Every panel i had to undock, put it to the other Monitors and change the size. Thats very annoying with the A318/319/320/321.

Easy. Just save a flight (P3D) in the panel state you want to start the next time with those windows opened. I would say that it works with undocked windows too.

I try it now a few days an it is better as before and i can live like it is. But it is not the optimal solution. Now I had load the saved flight (P3D), enter a flight plan and load the flight again. I think the best solution would be to insert in the option mcdu a ""custom panel state" which i can choose as default and start the Airbus with the same windows on the different monitors and in the same size as i've closed it. This would be a great relief for people who use 2,3 or more monitors. I don't know if this would be a big thing for a programmer. Other software like AS P3DV4, FS Real time, EFB2 starts always at the monitor and in that size i've closed it the last time.

I would be glad if you think about it because the A 3.. fleet ist great and i never thought, that the PMDG fleet stands for such a long time in hangar.

Im curious to know if allowed, what are the fundamental differences and challenges to the A330 in coding if the core foundation rests on the previous A318-A321 series? Its mentioned that they are very similar in systems, with the obvious difference being a different flight dynamic size and weights. But there must be alot more to it than that to have the projected release many months after the previous models. The exterior model looks quite progressive as does the previous previews of the VC also looked well underway. So the A330 must have something in particular that is a great challenge to overcome. 

2 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small friday update: Works on the A330 continue and I am currently doing addtional liveries. The first one is the first A330 with the new Lufthansa paint, D-AIKO. Note that the works are still underway at this paint: Work is just done on the EMER DOOR3, which is much more narrow than on DragonAir aircrafts.

So there we got the first option already. Additionally with that another window layout comes, which is also added next week. The most prominent change will be addition the FLYNET fairing at the aft section of the aircraft. Collecting data was needed, to be able to model that first. They differ from the ones used with A320 aircraft,

so its sadly not only "copy and paste"-job here. Images are taken out of the 3dsoftware. The looks in the sim will be better with all the lighting, reflections and shadows there...

[...]

My goodness, that is beautiful! Job well done to you for the exterior :) Would love to see this in a SriLankan livery. 

• Upvote 1

Looks good :)

I couldn't find anything but are the final liveries already definedd? If yes will a Swiss livery come with the launch?

On 10/8/2018 at 2:37 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

First, welcome to the forums.  I see this is your very first post and I sincerely hope you enjoy being part of the family here!

Tell you what, I'm feeling overly generous at the moment, so I will make a deal with you (and you alone) my friend.  If you (and only you) will go through each page of this thread and tell me how many times we've answered questions about release dates and/or release time frames ("range"), I would indeed be overjoyed to provide you with a range of the a330 release.  ;):)

I promise, we're not keeping it a secret. If we knew, you'd know!

Best wishes my friend.

As always, an incredible and really appreciative, forthcoming and friendly answer. 

Althpough, this just has to be one of your best, Dave!

Cheers, and hope all is well, my friend!

• Upvote 2

I am sure you are well into the development of this bird, and may not be in the position to add new features, but as a long haul aircraft, I would like to humbly put in a request for a "jump ahead/practice on approach" feature akin to that found on the QW787.  that makes it so nice when trying to fit a transatlantic flight into my available simming time, and you don't have to deal with the various issues with time acceleration etc...  Thanks for any consideration you may give to this.

May I ask what does it mean "not anytime soon"? Because I don't know how to define this phrase.....You wanted to say us that A330 will not be released in 2018 or it will be longer period of time?

Thanks for answers :)

29 minutes ago, Jan13 said:

You wanted to say us that A330 will not be released in 2018 or it will be longer period of time?

As I am bound by an NDA I can not share too much about the progress. But. As you may have noticed we are all hands on deck with A320 problems and promised features that are not there yet. I expect AS to first close that development cycle before going full thrust with the A330.

Ps, I would not plan on flying the next CTP with an AS A333. ;) 

• Upvote 1

So, I can not understand, why they are making an list of liveries, when you dont have finished it :D

• Upvote 1

That one is easy to answer. The person responsible for that has no jobs to do for the A320 product at the moment. 

Having an outside 3d model with liveries is a separate development from the AP/FBW/systems side of things. You do not need the one for the other. 

• Upvote 1