Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

On 9/14/2018 at 3:19 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

After the release of the smaller busses package, now there is more time for me to work on the A330 again: So time for a friday update again!!!

A330_EXT_001.png

WOW I'am need to say it, the Airbus A330 looks very nice. Nice job Aerosoft as always, I look forward to being the owner of all your Airbus pro.

I'am also happy for your A318/A319 & A320/A321. Everyone from this Airbus project must be very praised for the great work.^_^

I have gone through the PBR cycle with xp11 and kinda know the upside and downside of it.. Many xp10 add-ons took ages to upgrade to PBR.. So same may happen in p3d.. Fortunately we have tomato shade which gives the same effect until the add-ons catch up with native PBR.. 

22 minutes ago, Lennart1948 said:

is it possible for you to make like a little road map of what work is ahead for the A330 to release (Like : Finishing the Gear bay's...) ?

While I know that things can change in the schedule maybe a road map would give us patient waiters something to hold on and would make us really happy :D

Good point Lennart, I'll see if we can come up with something. Be aware though that most projects are "90% finished" while being just 50% through the development cycle. Or in other words, even though a roadmap might look like a project is close to completion the bugfixing phase can take ages. That's why we are usually a bit cautious with exact details. Users will just not know how to interpret them.

• Upvote 3

vor 56 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Good point Lennart, I'll see if we can come up with something. Be aware though that most projects are "90% finished" while being just 50% through the development cycle. Or in other words, even though a roadmap might look like a project is close to completion the bugfixing phase can take ages. That's why we are usually a bit cautious with exact details. Users will just not know how to interpret them.

Yes I understand that. That was the thing taken into account in the original post.

No worries and I think it will make a great overview :)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

At some point, sooner or later, users are expected to have updated to the latest version of the simulator available. We will always make sure newly released products support the latest version of the sim available. There will be no extra work done to make them support older versions than the one available by the time of release.

I suppose Emanuel, when Aerosoft update their aircraft to suit different versions of P3D, it is our choice to use the relevant Aerosoft aircraft version to suit the version of P3D we have. Updating P3D has a whole new meaning to me now, after the discussion regarding a full reinstall or partial client install may have different effects to different users. (thinking of the managed climb/descent in the A318-A319) 

The Airbus projects will always be done to the latest sim, we will try as hard as we can to avoid legacy code. As you might have seen with the current version, having them compiled with the very latest compilers makes a huge difference in framerate. We have great confidence in Lockheed.

So yes, our modelers are working hard to understand where PBR could be beneficial to prepare for the moment P3D will include it. Believe me, there is a lot of good things to come.

• Upvote 3

Mr.Mathijs, please consider making the bus also available for P3DV4.3 as well if considering to make it compatible for 4.4. Just my opinion. :) 

On ‎14‎.‎09‎.‎2018 at 15:19, Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

After the release of the smaller busses package, now there is more time for me to work on the A330 again: So time for a friday update again!!!

To show what has been added to the plane, there will be some "walkaround" the plane. As it is over a dozen images, i will split the image post in the separate items.

Images are take out of my 3d software, but the texture content is those, which you will see in the sim later too. Note that all is still work in progress, usage traces are also added later.

A330_EXT_005.png

Hi - is a door handle planed ?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Actually more sense makes a simulation of the lavatory service equipment. Problems there even can keep an airplane on ground. But this can be only released, when a good smell simulation can be developed too...

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Haleef I said:

Mr.Mathijs, please consider making the bus also available for P3DV4.3 as well if considering to make it compatible for 4.4. Just my opinion. :) 

That depends totally on the new features. If it's easy we might do but if Lockheed adds a lot of things that we find cool and that are not backwards compatible we might not. 

See P3d V4.3 is so much better than 4.2.....

1 hour ago, Mattlm0831 said:

Okay, would gladly pay for an add-on for the NEO. (Hint Hint ;))

I bet Aerosoft would be glad to do a NEO. Do you have complete access to a real A330 NEO and technical data?

7 hours ago, marvic said:

I bet Aerosoft would be glad to do a NEO. Do you have complete access to a real A330 NEO and technical data?

Indeed, if somebody promises a good NEO airbus (any model) he is either overestimating his skill or has access to data that Airbus absolutely does not want to share. Using that would endanger any possible Airbus add-on for sims because Airbus would come down on us like a ton of bricks. But they got it pretty well covered. A lot of the info is locked to devices, so you would need to steal an iPad to get the info.

• Like 1

vor 19 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Indeed, if somebody promises a good NEO airbus (any model) he is either overestimating his skill or has access to data that Airbus absolutely does not want to share. Using that would endanger any possible Airbus add-on for sims because Airbus would come down on us like a ton of bricks. But they got it pretty well covered. A lot of the info is locked to devices, so you would need to steal an iPad to get the info.

You need McGyver...