Updater not working after it was removed

Hi.

Very disappointed after I checked for an update on the ASUpdater and forgot to disable my Norton Security, so sure enough there was an update it started to update and then Norton removed it.

From what I know I tried to restore the file, however I believe that since it was in the middle of an update the files got all messed up.

I then tried to run it and it worked, however it didn't update my AS Bus properly.

It ran the update like it should and then says it's completed, however I can verify that the update did not complete properly as it still informs me of being out of date every time I go into it.

I reinstalled the entire Bus twice! Including restarting my computer a few times.

No luck; next, I try to delete the ASUpdater files, they can't all be deleted apparently so again I try to reinstall the bus in hope to re-write them; it did, but still nothing worked out.

I've run the updater many times before seamlessly, obviously remembering to disable Norton when doing so.

Any suggestions of what I can try to do to recover the updater? My Bus is now out of date since I reinstalled it.

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

1. Uninstall the Airbus and make sure that there are no files/folders left.

2. Make an exclusion in Norton for Aerosoft folders (or even better for all sim-related  folders)

3 Install the Airbus again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but when you shut down P3D you should be able to delete all Airbus related files. If not then there is something totally wrong on your system.

How exactly did you install the Airbus? Under which account exactly?

So I've managed to delete any trace of the ASUpdater, basically just deleting the folder in the Aerosoft path.
I then uninstalled the Airbus and then reinstalling it; after that I restarted my PC.
I then went into P3D, just to see if that helped and ran the plane, I then open the updater, it updates itself and tells me that I have version 1.

I run the update with no errors like it should, but now I can still update it, it still says I have version 1, not 1.01!
When I go back into the updater it says my Bus is out of date and needs an update, runs in a circle like that.

Please login to display this image.

According to the guide in updating the product there's a missing line in between 'Update completed'
The 'update selected product' should also not be clickable.

It shows that the installed version is only 1.0.

As I said after I exit the the updater and go back in, the blue text in the top left is red again, indicating it's out of date.
It's worked perfectly before when I first got this aircraft.

1 hour ago, Loadhaul said:

So I've managed to delete any trace of the ASUpdater, basically just deleting the folder in the Aerosoft path.
I then uninstalled the Airbus and then reinstalling it; after that I restarted my PC.
I then went into P3D, just to see if that helped and ran the plane, I then open the updater, it updates itself and tells me that I have version 1.

I run the update with no errors like it should, but now I can still update it, it still says I have version 1, not 1.01!
When I go back into the updater it says my Bus is out of date and needs an update, runs in a circle like that.

According to the guide in updating the product there's a missing line in between 'Update completed'
The 'update selected product' should also not be clickable.

It shows that the installed version is only 1.0.

As I said after I exit the the updater and go back in, the blue text in the top left is red again, indicating it's out of date.
It's worked perfectly before when I first got this aircraft.

What happens if you activate the experimental updates option? 

It prompted me to install RAAS, but it's still out of date according to the updater itself.

Perhaps it's something with the aircraft and not the updater itself, although the aircraft was installed properly and works perfectly. 

I'm very surprised to say it actually worked for once!
The only thing I did was uninstall another aircraft, don't know what that had to do with it..

It was the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro Edition 64Bit.
Although I'm not sure if it's also due to the fact that I tried downloading experimental update releases first, before reverting back.

Archived