Excluding ORBX Lights

Fly4You

Hi. 

At the moment I am facing a small issue with EDDT Pro. With ORBX FTX GEN there are some traffic lights on the Apron. I made some research and found this topic. Which is what I am trying to solve. Oliver Pabst said he would explaine how he did it in the General Forum. So here I am askink: How did you exclude the lights on the Apron? 

Thank you!

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you'll see from the quoted post, towards the end, I did a fair amount of troubleshooting with Oliver to develop an exclude file to eliminate all the problem lights. Of course, he deserves all the credit for the cure There were several test files he produced (each of which took time to make), while I just did the required repeated test flying to perfect them.The same writing and testing would be needed to produce a custom exclude file for EDDT.

As you saw from that thread, Orbx lights along roads and covering urban areas don't have poles, so it's a generally safe bet that's the source of the lights you're concerned about, thus the need for an exclude file. To even start on that path for EDDT, we'd need specific answers to the following:

• Which sim and version?
  • Which shader add-ons (if any)?
  • Which Orbx products are you using?
  • Any third party lighting products active in your sim?

Please reply back with the answers, but also, please be prepared for this being a low priority for a fix, since this is the first request of this type for a scenery that's been out for almost a year.

Okay to start. 

I am using P3D 4.3 

with Ftx Global, FTX Open LC Europe and FTX Germany Noth. Envshade and no extra lighting add on. 

The lights come with FTX GEN. If I disable the CVX files of FTX GEN they are gone. Also if I just use the default Airport from ORBX it’s also gone. So they just appear with EDDT Pro and FTX Gen with their CVX data. 

I generally think I know what to do. 

I just habe to create a CVX file which excludes Autogen or something like this. I tried last night a lot but could not get to vanish. So maybe Oliver Pabst could quickly say what he did so I can try it out and he doesn’t have to waste his time. 

Oh and btw. I think all people have this issue when using the mentioned add ons. 

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

+1 I would be also interested in how you can exclude FTX roads with lights. The conventional exclusion GUIDs for roads or their specific type do not affect FTX roads. cheers, Matt

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived