Wind Request not working

pierre fsx

I am following the step by step tutorial and everything works except the Wind Request option, I have loaded the FRALHR1 route and I am not using active sky. I am at the climb wind page and when hitting LSK3R the screen change, I get 5 with dash line but no win data.

Any Advice?

Please login to display this image.

Do you have a flight plan loaded in your Weather Engine?  Also, which weather engine are you using?

As far as I know, you can't retrieve the wind data unless you either have the Flight Plan loaded into your weather engine or you need to use a .WX file like you do with PMDG (see the manual for how to do this).

I am using the default P3D engine for now, I will test with Active sky later....I want to keep thing simple.

So I have to load the flight plan in P3D?

Will try that.

I do have the latest version:, from the updater

Prepar3D 4.x found: (C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)

Product Name: Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional for Prepar3D v4.x

Add-on Path: C:\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional

Installed version: 1.0.1.3
No updates available for this product!

27 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

[...]

As far as I know, you can't retrieve the wind data unless you either have the Flight Plan loaded into your weather engine or you need to use a .WX file like you do with PMDG (see the manual for how to do this).

Which manual do you mean, @DaveCT2003?

46 minutes ago, maxro said:

Which manual do you mean, @DaveCT2003?

Well I just checked and I guess this didn't make it into the release version of our documents.  We'll make sure this is added to the updated documents.

For now, please see the forum thread HERE and that should help you.

Best wishes!

5 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well I just checked and I guess this didn't make it into the release version of our documents.  We'll make sure this is added to the updated documents.

For now, please see the forum thread HERE and that should help you.

Best wishes!

I've just added this to our system to ensure the documentation gets updated.

I have tried many things and it is not working, I have created a flight plan using FS Commander (plan did not have SID & Star) I saved it in Active Sky and Airbus format (the MCU is able to read it). The plan is the same in Active Sky and the MCU. Does anyone had the combination Active Sky and new Airbus professional working with the wind load?

Ok Good,

Maybe it is a question of what info is stored in a airbus route. Do i include sid, star and trans in the pln? Other question, if i use Active Sky, do i need to load the pln in P3D? 

I am not sure what is the use of the compagny route editor, i will read the manuel that comes with it.

any advice would be appreciated

• Deputy Sheriffs

And the flightplan you created in FSC is exactly the same (route etc.) as the one from the  tutorial?

26 minutes ago, pierre fsx said:

Ok Good,

Maybe it is a question of what info is stored in a airbus route. Do i include sid, star and trans in the pln? Other question, if i use Active Sky, do i need to load the pln in P3D? 

I am not sure what is the use of the compagny route editor, i will read the manuel that comes with it.

any advice would be appreciated

Doesnt matter if it cont as ins SID or STAR info. Znd you dont need to losd route into P3D.

If I use FS Commander 9.7 to create my Fight Plan, I should be ok? Does the new Airbus Professional use a different format for flight plan then the 32 bit version? Also do I need the  wind request feature to work in order to do the tutorial, can I skip that part for now until I get it to work? 

Thanks again for the help

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can still use FSC, as the format has not changed. You should go to the wind section, just to get used with it, but there is no problem when you do not receive any wind data, cause the the wind is just zero for the Airbus.

No Mopperle,

I cannot recreate the original Flight Plan FRALHR1 because I am using a different NAV cycle 1808, so the rte is a bit different. What I did is created a new one that I call EDDFEGLL01, that I load in Active Sky and in the Airbus mcdu.1.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is not a problem, open FRALHR1 in the company route editor, copy the route string down the page, open FSC, enter EDDF EGLL and copy the string in between then it looks like:
EDDF SOBRA Y180 BITBU Y181 MAKIK UY181 DEMUL UM624 BUB UL608 SUMUM L608 LOGAN EGLL

And you are good to go.

Yes, for the wind request you will need the AS16 (or PFPX) installed, and it must the same the same route loaded.

If still no success, then please zip the contents of the "Data" folder and upload here. Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you prepare a flight plan you need two different export formats (Aerosoft Airbus and P3D) because ACTIVE SKY cannot read the Aerosoft Airbus but just the normal FSX/P3D format. In PFPX you can select those two different export formats (see attached screenshot). In AS you then in the FLIGHT PLAN menue load the previously saved plan from the "Prepar3D v4 Files" folder and in the Aerosoft Airbus select the same plan (automatically loaded from the  "A3XX Flightplans" folder). Then there should be no problem to import wind data...... The reason why this did not work on your system is that maybe AS cannot import the exact flight plan in the right format (P3D format only) and therefore is not able to prepare the necessary wind data. This flight plan must contain all the same waypoints like in the Aerosoft plan because the Airbus checks this before importing. If there are differences the import fails.......

Regards,

Rolf

I just made another attempt and I still don't have the wind request working. This is what I did:

- I have created a new FLP in FSC EDDFEGLL04, I have copied the route from mopperle post (SOBRA Y180 BITBU Y181 MAKIK UY181 DEMUL UM624 BUB UL608 SUMUM L608 LOGAN) see FSC picture.

- I have also check that FSC saved a copy of the plan in <documents>\Prepar3d V4 File and in <documents>\Aerosoft\General\A3xx Flightplans, also when I tried to save the flightplan I originaly used the file name FRALHR2 but FSC reply that AEROSOFT file name format was ICAO dep + ICAO arr and 2 digit. So I guess the format was right.

- I started AS 16 and Prepard3d, when AS16 showed Prepar3d connected I load the flightplan. When Prepard3d started I did get the AS weather update

- I used the MCDU 3 to open the cargo door and also use the Load and fuel option to load the PAX, Cargo and fuel  info into the aircraft.

- After that I started the CHECKLIST Cockpit preparation (with Copilot)

- Then I loaded the Flight plan in the INIT a page, the load worked see second picture and I followed the steps in section 5.4 in the tutorial.

- Using CTRL+F11 I also check within P3D that I could see the win aloft report and it worked see picture. 

Finally I did check that each waypoint are the same in both plan (AS vs MCDU) I have included both plan file.

CHOOBE sorry I do not know witch data file to load?

not sure what I am doing wrong>>>>

EDDFEGLL04.pln

EDDFEGLL04.flp

• Deputy Sheriffs

Pierre, the problem seems to be the format (content) of the EDDFEGLL04.pln file. I cannot load this into AS ....... and AS says it has the wrong format....... I just created two new files in PFPX and saved those using the right format like shown in the screenshot of my previous answer. There was no problem to load this new file EDDFEGLL01.pln into AS. After using EDDFEGLL01.flp for the Airbus there were no problems to import the wind data........

I do not know FSC and its flightplan export function but there seems to be the problem (and not the Aerosoft Airbus) You should ask their support how to create flightplans which can be used by AS and the Aerosoft Airbus .......Please try the attached files and it should work........

Regards,

Rolf

EDDFEGLL01.flp

EDDFEGLL01.pln

Archived