I'm confused about my post being closed!

The following post has been closed, yet no help has been given. I'm sure I read someone else has had this problem. My closed thread is here, if someone could help, if appreciate it:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your post got closed, as Mathijs clearly stated that what you are seeing is simply a limitation of the sim, so there is nothing that can be done.

And the fact that you do not see it with some other aircraft doens't mean anything, as there is no need to model advanced animations.

43 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And the fact that you do not see it with some other aircraft doens't mean anything, as there is no need to model advanced animations.

I'm guessing you're saying that this is an advanced animation that does not need to be modelled?  Given that it was on other aircraft that I bought, it was a shame that the it hasn't here.

There is another issue in that post that is more important (given that the aircraft crashed!), and one other person reading the forum said they had this problem.  Again, it's a shame to close the topic when it's not replied to by those that I bought the aircraft from.  By the way - if the reply had been that it was something that was being looked into and perhaps then fixed in SP1, then I would have been happy to have the topic closed.  I'm not trying to be difficult, simply telling you what I've found and can't explain.

Gaz

21 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

I'm guessing you're saying that this is an advanced animation that does not need to be modelled?  Given that it was on other aircraft that I bought, it was a shame that the it hasn't here.

There is another issue in that post that is more important (given that the aircraft crashed!), and one other person reading the forum said they had this problem.  Again, it's a shame to close the topic when it's not replied to by those that I bought the aircraft from. 

The people who responded to you in that thread are from Aerosoft, the people you bought the aircraft from. 

I think what they're trying to say is that the animations you see on the model, are not animations that the P3D replay can read.  Therefore, when you do a replay, they don't show.  This behavior is not unique to the Aerosoft Bus -- other add-on aircraft do the same.    The P3D replay subroutine looks identical to the FSX replay subroutine, and my guess is, it is the same buggy replay we had in FSX.  The FSX replay never did work well, anyway, with sound glitches and so forth, and this continues with P3D.  Probably a low priority change from Lockheed-Martin.

As for your item #1 (after exiting a replay, the aircraft has maxxed throttles and blasts down the tarmac) I see the same thing in my sim, with the Aerosoft Bus.   I haven't mentioned it, but now, they are aware of it.   The Aerosoft Bus is the only aircraft I have that does this.  My solution is not to do replays, or if I do, after I exit the replay, I go into Slew mode, re-center my throttle device to zero, to stop the aircraft from blasting off, then exit slew.

I'm wondering if some 3rd-party replay program (they are out there) would work better, but I haven't tried that yet.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As noted, missing animations in replays are a long standing fact with the sim code base, dating back to well before FS9.

9 minutes ago, Mace_RB said:

The people who responded to you in that thread are from Aerosoft, the people you bought the aircraft from.

Thanks for that, I'm sort of glad that I'm not the only one seeing these problems. I'm especially glad to hear about others having #1 problems, being the more important. 

Item 2 is less important - I simply use it to view my touch downs! It was an issue to me because, as I said in the original thread, I do have an aircraft that does the animations when expected.

As you say, it would be good if there was some 3rd party software that sorted some of this out. 

Gaz

33 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

No, I think what they're saying is that they (Aerosoft) do model very advanced animations on the aircraft -- but that P3D's crude replay program can't display them.

Your Alabeo Twin Star has animations that P3D's replay CAN detect and show.

2 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

As you say, it would be good if there was some 3rd party software that sorted some of this out. 

Gaz

Here's a thread about it -- 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/527304-best-way-watching-replays-in-p3dv4/

Here is another thread at Lockheed-Martin, in which Chaseplane is mentioned as getting this feature "soon"

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126202

It's definitely a need in P3Dv4.  I don't own Chaseplane, so maybe it can do this now?  Someone else might know...

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

As noted, missing animations in replays are a long standing fact with the sim code base, dating back to well before FS9

As I mentioned, this is not the case for the ALABEO - DA42 TWIN Star add on aircraft. the only thing I can think is that I it recorded its flaps and undercarriage for the replay, and was manually recorded to do so. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

And this problem is very old, alreday existed with FSX . And as even P3Dv4 still contains old FSX code we still have this problem. Ther tools with certain capabilities like Chaseplane, but they are not free.

7 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

I do have an aircraft that does the animations when expected.

Gaz

Those aircraft which do show the animations when replaying use the default FSX/P3D animations system which is quite a basic one. You can not do any advanced stuff with it, that's why we don't use it for ours.

Unfortunately the sideeffect of it is that the animations do not show in replay.

As for the thrust issue after replay I can only take a rough guess here: I guess it is being triggered by the fact that the aircraft gets airbourne in the replay. Since our FBW is calculated on a frame by frame basis that means that if you go back into the air the aircraft could potentially think you're airborne again and thus try to react accordingly. That's just a rough guess without deeper analysis though.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 3 Minuten, GaryMcCl sagte:

As I mentioned, this is not the case for the ALABEO - DA42 TWIN Star add on aircraft. the only thing I can think is that I it recorded its flaps and undercarriage for the replay, and was manually recorded to do so. 

No need for shouting (writing in bold or bigger letters ;) ); and yes some simple aircraft can be recorded like this, but not advenced ones like the Airbus or other like PMDG aircraft

9 minutes ago, Mace_RB said:

No, I think what they're saying is that they (Aerosoft) do model very advanced animations on the aircraft -- but that P3D's crude replay program can't display them

That - sort of - makes sense to me. I'll lookup ChasePlane. I have no software for viewing around, and was thinking about it anyway. 

I appreciate it, and will look into it. 

Gaz

Indeed, Alabeo doesn't do any complex animation, they use all default P3D code. Thus the animations show.

Their models look impressive, but the aircraft are rather basic.

If you simulate different spoiler angles caused by different flap angles, flight detents, ground detents, etc. you get into a whole different level and can't use the default systme anymore.

7 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Those aircraft which do show the animations when replaying use the default FSX/P3D animations system which is quite a basic one

That makes complete sense to me now - I really appreciate it that you got back to me.  mopperle has suggested Chaseplane - which I've always been thinking about, and if it solves the problem, that would be great for me! 

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

No need for shouting

I can't believe that happened! I was on my tablet, trying to paste some basic text in there, and it totally messed up the post! Sorry about that - I wasn't shouting - I promise!  ;):D

Gaz

So to wrap this up....

It is simply impossible to compare aircraft /performance and replay between an aircraft which is using a great deal (if not completely use) default features to an aircraft which is using it's own coded features.  Trying to make such a comparison is akin to comparing a real general aviation aircraft to a real airliner (strangely enough for many of the same reasons).

A lot of people simply are unaware that many payware General Aviation aircraft often use default sim coding which is already there for them to use, but this would never work for a complex addon such as Aerosoft, PMDG, Majestic, Leonardo, etc. For many GA aircraft what you're seeing is all default with a facade (custom textures) run by default sim coding.

To see how this plays out BROADLY, one needs only look at the computer performance impact of both types aircraft.  Flying the ones cited I might well be able to achieve a constant, unbridled frame rate well over 120fps on my system while flying a complex aircraft my unbridled frame rate would be half of that.  This is merely a tattle-tale (in the nautical sense) rather than being directly tied to animations.

Best wishes!

Archived