Updating Question

Hi,

So when I try to run the updater I get the error "ASUpdater.exe cannot be started", and it says the specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform. I already used run as administrator, turned off antivirus, and I am running Windows 10. It is a systemcomponentmodel win 32 exception (0x80004005).

Anyways, that is not the main problem. The program opens and runs fine after that. I get the latest update log etc. But then I press "update selected product", and a few seconds later the application disappears. I don't know if this means the installation is complete (I'm trying to install the experimental updates). Is this situation normal? Thanks. I also tried reinstalling the airbus and same result. 

• Developer

You can forget the second part. It's just a consequence of the first part. Anyway, I googled the error message and found a possible reason: Please check this (external!) link:

https://forum.jsreport.net/topic/258/windows-10-error-system-componentmodel-win32exception-0x80004005/8

The link says that Visual Studio 2015 runtimes have to be installed. However that's a bit outdated. Please install the Visual Studio 2017 runtimes instead (I used that to develop ASUpdater). Please try that.

Archived