Updating the airbus

blahhh

Hi,

Just to known which files can be be overridden by the updater (in order to backup before)?

- Custom state files

- Navdata

- aircraft.cfg

bonus question: last time, after updating, the bus configurator has disappeared, it is normal?

cheers

I have found my aircraft.cfg is overwritten every time, so I need to install all liveries (and adjusted camera views) again...

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 23 Minuten, blahhh sagte:

bonus question: last time, after updating, the bus configurator has disappeared, it is normal?

Bonus answer: this was for sure due to your AV software ;)

vor 24 Minuten, blahhh sagte:

Just to known which files can be be overridden by the updater (in order to backup before)?

- Custom state files

- Navdata

- aircraft.cfg

- Csutom files: maybe

- Navdata: No

- aircraft.cfg: very likely

• Aerosoft

The aircraft.cfg is overwritten each time because the updater includes all existing experimental updates in each experimental update. We'll solidify those into a non experimental update in the next few days and after that we'll make sure to warn you.

On AV.... After the FSL stunt I fully understand that people do not want to run FS add-on installers without having that active (I was one of the victims) and normally there should be no problem. But somebody (let's assume not a friend of Aerosoft) manually forwarded ALL (!) executable files in our product to at least one AV company as potentially dangerous. Now a normal company would give us a call (and one AV company did) but AV companies more or less standard add these files to the list of files to quarantine. A good AV software would give a clear warning to the user and would ask if this should be done, but these days most do not and just remove the file. It's utterly disgusting, these companies have caused us tens of thousands in damages and when you call them they won't even talk to you. 

Let me get a glass of wine and calm down...

Pfffff. breath Mathijs breath..

In the end there is almost nothing we can do about this. We'll add a pop-up in the installer to warn people but again I understand that after events earlier this year a warning like that will be seen as asking to open your system to illegal stuff. So in the forum and in ticket support we'll spend a lot of time explaining customer why things don't work and why we are helpless to avoid that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived