Will Airbus A320/A321 work on my pc?

Hello, 

I'm wondering about that will it work? I've heard that airbus a320 works only on very fast and good computers. 

My specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

AMD Athlon X4 840 Quad core 3.10 GHz

NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1024GB

16GB RAM

I have only fsx (no steam edition) so I'm interested of buying this only for fsx.

Tell me your opinion

Thanks, 

NiQon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your hardware is at the lower end, but it should run if you take care of the following:

1. Your 16GB RAM dont matter at all, as FSX is a 32bit application which can only use 4GB RAM

2. To get a sufficient framerate (espcially in combination with other demanding scenery addons) you should start with low settings.

3. in combination with demanding addons (sceneries, weather etc.) you might experience OOM (Out Of Memory) issues because of 1.

4. do not apply any fancy tweaks you find on the internet promising wonders, but in 99% only cause problems

5. Only apply the HIGHMEMFIX

6. Make sure that you have at least FSX + SP1 + SP2 or FSX + AccPack installed

And finally consider upgrading your Windows 7 to Windows 10. There is no reason not to do so.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, I must really say, it depends: my rig is meanwhile 9 years old, got an i7-860, 8GB Ram and a GTX660 with 1GB and I get around 20fps and it is looking good, with medium settings. So it realls depends on your tuning. And be aware, there is no hardware which can run FSX with all sliders to the right and tons of addons loaded. Abd there are thounsands of users running the Airbus on low - to medium hardware and are very happy.

And if you can run PMDG aircraft, the Airbus is not a problem at all. What other addons are you running?

• Developer
26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Keep in mind you need P3D V4.3, not FSX.

For the Airbus A320/321 (existing product) the FSX is ok, when he talk about the Professional Version (what I don‘t see here) you are correct :)

But for P3D V4, the Graphiccard is a littlebit low in memory and power anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I plan to upgrade to WIN 10 in the near future but was curious if it would work for now in Windows 7. I owned the previous bundle and plan to order this one now that the WIN 7 question has been answered.

On 7/22/2018 at 10:03 AM, mopperle said:

Your hardware is at the lower end, but it should run if you take care of the following:

1. Your 16GB RAM dont matter at all, as FSX is a 32bit application which can only use 4GB RAM

2. To get a sufficient framerate (espcially in combination with other demanding scenery addons) you should start with low settings.

3. in combination with demanding addons (sceneries, weather etc.) you might experience OOM (Out Of Memory) issues because of 1.

4. do not apply any fancy tweaks you find on the internet promising wonders, but in 99% only cause problems

5. Only apply the HIGHMEMFIX

6. Make sure that you have at least FSX + SP1 + SP2 or FSX + AccPack installed

And finally consider upgrading your Windows 7 to Windows 10. There is no reason not to do so.

Windows 10 is full of bloatware, so I don’t recommend it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry

vor 15 Stunden , aTazul sagte:

Windows 10 is full of bloatware, so I don’t recommend it.

Dont talk such a nonsense or do you want stick with a no longer supported OS?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, to make it clear: for Windows 7 SP1 regular support ended 13. Jan. 2015, extended support ends 14. Jan. 2020, which means you will only get security updates from time to time. On my other old laptop I can see how long it can take to get those updates.

And I stand with, that recommending people not to upgrade to Windows 10 is utter nonsense.

But as the openers question has been aanswered, we can close this topic.

• Aerosoft

To add to the post from Otto. If there is any compatibility issue between any part of the sim and the OS Microsoft will not offer any support. That is why we simply can't recommend an OS that is not supported by the manufacturer. If you decide a  decade old OS is the best platform for your sims that is your decision, just remember we simply can't support it.

Archived