St. Elmo's Fire, and Inability to Takeoff

RioPilot

I recently purchased the A319 package for P3D v4, however I'm encountering a few problems.

Firstly, whenever I load the Airbus aircraft, I notice flickering "electricity" on the cockpit window from within the virtual cockpit. This happens constantly. I'm assuming this is some sort of St. Elmo's fire feature, but it seems to always be there.

Secondly, I have a fundamental problem with taking off. It seems as though control side stick does not function at all. I see it physically moving around in the cockpit, and I see the white "cross hair" symbol moving on the attitude indicator, but it does not seem to actually control the aircraft's pitch or roll. When I throttle up, the aircraft will reach 160 knots, and pulling back on the stick does not lift the plane off the ground at all. I can only seem to control the plane using rudder and trim. I use SPAD to program my control axis and switches, however using the default control axis from within P3D does not seem to resolve the issue.

Admittedly, I may simply lack a full understanding on how to pilot this aircraft. Airbus planes aren't my strong suit, but I don't remember having any issue flying the Aerosoft A320 aircraft in the previous version of P3D.

11 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

What exact version of P3D do you have installed? 

I have Prepar3d v4.

Having said that, I just realized I probably posted this in the wrong forum section, so I'm okay with this being moved,

Thanks!

EDIT: Also realized I suppose I should install P3D v4.3 which just came out... I will do that and report back!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, for the bus P3Dv4.3 is mandatory. 

Also make sure to run the AS Updater to get also the latest update for our bus.

Well, I feel silly now, because I just updated to P3D v4.3 and it seems to fly perfectly now. The St. Elmo's fire issue is also gone.

I did not run the AS Updater though. I went to the Update-Datenback and it said the entered key was not valid. However, I only purchased this product a few days ago, so did the download file already include the update?

Archived