TOD calculation wrong with manual FL specification

Unfortunately, the CRJ still has these calculation error of TOD when I specify a certain altitude at a certain waypoint.

Please login to display this image.

As you can see in the picture, I want to be at the waypoint PSA on FL110. 

This is necessary because ATC wants to see me there when flying online in order to make the separation of the aircraft on the transition, or by means of HDG, effective.

But FMC would already send me into the Descend at a distance to PSA of about 110nm. 
That's way too soon. 
Usually I would introduce the Descend at about 69nm. (FLcurrent - FLtarget/1000)*3.

Whenever a manual specification is made, the calculated TOD does not fit, no matter at which airport.

For flights to other airports and you don't make any changes in the flight plan, the TOD fits quite exactly according to the above Formula.

Regards, Wolfgang

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, unfortunately the TOD calculation does not yet work correctly if I do a manual FL change.

While the TOD before the last update was much too far away from the desired FL at a certain waypoint, it is now practically non-existent.

Flight schedule: EDDH, Rwy33 --> EDDF, Rwy25R

AMLU8G AMLUH UM852 HLZ T157 KERAX KER25N

Figure 1 shows how it looks with automatic calculation and flying the hole transition route. 

TOD at RIMET

Picture 2 shows now that there is no TOD with manual FL-change and you have to sink on approx. 10nm distance around 21000ft to be on FL110 at KERAX.

Any change possible?

Gruß, Wolfgang

Hello Hans, even if I fly EDDF from the south, manual change to FL110 at PSA, the situation after the update is such that there is no more TOD in the display or FMC.

Gruß, Wolfgang

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 1:21 AM, Hoffie3000 said:

Hello Hans, even if I fly EDDF from the south, manual change to FL110 at PSA, the situation after the update is such that there is no more TOD in the display or FMC.

Gruß, Wolfgang

Completely agree... VNAV TOD advisory calculation needs a good re-work. I find it virtually impossible to get VNAV calculations accurate. TOD comes way downline especially for profile RNAV descents the latest version. LNAV is a whole lot better than before. Please fix Hans and the team. If TOD profiles are fixed, this aircraft would be  probably the best regional jet aircraft released in FS. Thanks!!

V/R

ROMAN78

V/R

• 4 weeks later...

Archived